What if....?

What if ... rather than taking their cues from Dennis Wheately novels, Black Sabbath had been obsessed with Ian Fleming novels instead...

Would metal be about adventure, beautiful women and exotic locations rather than Satan, war and drugs ?

The Greys said:
What if Dave Mustaine sang and played guitar in metallica and james hetfield played leads.

Kill 'em All would have been even better, as would Ride the Lightning.

The with-Mustaine demos are excellent, imo. I think that Master of Puppets would have avoided many of its more leaden moments, too.

I personally don't think kill 'em all would have been better with james hetfields leads and dave's vocals to be honest.

Mort Divine said:
No, I just wonder what people think would happen. Death metal coming about is eventual, but how long until it happened?

It already happened.

1) Thier would be no war just metal because by 1987 ozzy would have been declaired god and toni iommi would have replaced jesus. butler and ward would be their deciples of metal.

Mort Divine said:
With which release?

The following releases are extreme enough where regardless if possessed did not exist death metal and black metal would anyways around the exact sametime it did originally.

official E.ps or fullengths

Venom-welcome to hell,black metal
Hellhammer-Apocalyptic Raids
Slayer-haunting the chapel,hell awaits
Bathory-the return,s/t

Any of these cds soley existence is responsible for death or black regardless when the real coin was termed. I really doubt when released people thought of the specific song/album titles as genre's.

I'm not saying possessed is not responsible just not fully.

Some people act like without seven churches or scream bloody gore death metal would not exist or extreme music would be a lot different. Sure both bands influenced it or coined the real genre to people but I still think with or without both it would not make a difference. I should not even started discussing this. it's really pointless

what if god was one of us, just a stranger on the bus, trying to make his way home.

it's getting late and it's time to leave the internet.

What if metallica did not exist along with megadeth and testament.

cookiecutter said:
What if Black Metal had the current status that metalcore has?

That would be bad, as there would be alot more Satanists and more church burnings. And it would get outlawed because of that.