what is the hardest heaviest, most brutal song you've heard?

Well can't exacly tell which one was TEH heaviest... But the one which comes to my mind now is 'War' by Meshuggah...

I guess it`s very subjective. Very few bands can play very brutal without sounding like shit. Nile are very good with playing fast, brutal and heavy and still sounding good.

Devourment sounds pretty brutal like a few other bands playing the same kind of music.

I still prefer Nile before bands like Mortician and that stuff.

Emperor, Setherial and a few black metal bans delivers more evilness than many brutal death/grindcore bands i think.

cryptopsy...and then it passes.

that album, (and then you'll beg) is one of my favorite albums of all time...the song writing is brilliant...and my god, those guys can play their instruments. i get pretty sick of people bashing DiSalvo's vocals. i think lord worm's vocals sound pretty fucking weak on the new album.

Massacre by the Berzerker is definatly brutal. The band even had trouble playing it when they recorded it, and the vocals are seriously fast. But there is different kinds of brutal I guess. I'd say a lot of drone and doom is heavy but in a completely different way to The Berzerker or other death/grind stuff.

And then again it can be brutal in a melodic way, if its something just really poignant within the context of the song. If its a very harsh lyric such as Nightwish "Slaying The Dreamer" or again The Berzerker "February" its about the brutal emotions more than brutal rifferey!