what is the hardest heaviest, most brutal song you've heard?

vampyrouss said:
I'd say a lot of drone and doom is heavy but in a completely different way to The Berzerker or other death/grind stuff.
"He who accepts all that is offered" by 'Teeth Of Lions Rule The Divine' was the first song that sprang to my mind actually...29:25 mins of totally overwhelming drone doom, definitly NOT music for the masses, I love it though. Or check out Thee Plague of Gentleman, live preferably.

sister ophelia said:
"He who accepts all that is offered" by 'Teeth Of Lions Rule The Divine' was the first song that sprang to my mind actually...29:25 mins of totally overwhelming drone doom, definitly NOT music for the masses, I love it though. Or check out Thee Plague of Gentleman, live preferably.

Definatly will check it out! That overwhelming feeling drone gives is much more brutal than any fast guitar riff, but in a second drone can change from grinding brain melting brutality to something exactly the opposite, without changing to a clean voice and clean guitar.

Conquer All by Behemoth. It's heavy and brutal, but it still retains it's sophistication :)

Tubbs Mcgee said:
The heaviest song I've ever heard is scars of the crucifix by Deicide. Yeah, I know there is heavier, I just haven't had a chance to listen to them!

Perhaps not the most brutal, but good none the less. First time I heard it I had it stuck in my head for weeks. I'de be singin the chorus at work...

Lies now have you lost, the worthless cause of the crucifixion.
The sanctity, to hang and bleed, and in the form of a human cross.
Blind by prophecy, his bible fiend, a bloody sword of his fantasy.
Tried for heresy, and sacrilege, to bare the scars of the crucifix.

:headbang:

Anyhow... umm perhaps Cast Down the Heretic by Nile... or anything else by Nile for that matter. Or anything by the Berzerker as well.

Or The Berzerker with Tony Laureano on drums playing the carcass cover Corporal Jigsore Quandary when their drummer had broken his foot and cracked his vertebrae!

Cryptopsy's new album is the heviest thing I have in my collection... and yes... Lord Worm's vocals suck balls...next heaviest in my collection is Nile...

Khayman666 said:
I suppose it'd be SYL - Oh My Fucking God.

I agree. For sheer, unrepentant agression, this takes some beating. Strapping are just so... ANGRY. It's very intense. But there are a hundred different ways to look at this question. I could argue for OMFG. But then, there's a section towards the end of 'Strip The Soul' by Porcupine Tree that just CRUSHES. 'Mammoth' by Pelican feels like a truck driving over me. And have any of you ever heard 'Defixions: Will And Testament' by Diamanda Galas? Lyrically, it's more brutal than any of our beloved metal bands. And her vocal delivery is just... out there.
Lots of the heaviest things I've heard are pants IMO though. Anyone here heard of Mithras? Brutal and fast, yes. But also shite.

Oh, and I also like Scars Of The Crucifix, although it's not all that heavy by comparison with some other stuff.

I barely listen to any metal, so either some Opeth song or an In Flames song. Probably either Wreath or an old school IF song (like, pre- Jester Race)

probably intestinal incubation, by necrophagist, thats the heaviest i've really ever heard....