What is your biggest musical guilty pleasure?

Not sure how many people outside Canada really know this band... But I really enjoy this Canadian rock band The Tragically Hip from time to time. They have lots of really good songs imo (although not for everyone on this board I'm sure). If you want to check them out (they have 10+ cd's) I suggest the tracks - Locked In The Trunk Of A Car, 38 Years Old, Looking For A Place To Happen, Blow At High Dough, New Orleans Is Sinking, Little Bones, and Grace, Too.

worldwide_suicide said:
i think The Tragically Hip are good!! nothing to be ashamed of!!

Nah I'm not ashamed lol. I grew up with them. I used to live across the road from a venue concerts used to be at and they played there every summer so I'd just sit out and watch them all the time with binoculars haha (it was an outside venue). I think they're good just a lot of my friends don't like them :loco: .

my most guilty thing is Deadsy, which is a weird synth rock band from california. I saw them open for Korn and I loved them. other than that, I don't listen to much light stuff. does KMFDM count as guilty?

blimey said:
Probably Linkin Park. I don't like them anymore, but I did when I first got into music, and I must say, I hate myself for every liking them.
ya same here, that and slipknot and dimmu borgir...:puke: (altho dimmu has some good riffs if i recall correctly)
BastardSonOfGod said:
Linking Park!!!! WTF!?!?!?! You Mo%#%&¤"#er... hahahaha :lol: Well my Guilty pleasure... I don't know really... I like twisted sister hahahaha :lol: in fact... I like Glam rock... they look very stupid but the music is cool (Kiss... I used to listen Kiss with my Dad when I was a Child... the good old times :))
haha nice.. i wanna rock! ROCK!...
dio makes me laugh.. same with gwar...

Great thread...

I'm not guilty about these, but these are probably unexpected from an Opeth fan:

Kenny Rogers
Bon Jovi's "Slippery When Wet"
Ben Folds
Elton John
Billy Joel
Joe Cocker
Los Lonely Boys
Foreigner
Norah Jones
Toto
Whitesnake

porcupine_wolfff said:
No guilt for any of these but probably unexpected:

Audioslave
Beck
Björk
Coldplay
Johnny Cash
Norah Jones
R.E.M.
Sportfreunde Stiller

how is bjork or johnny cash a "guilty" pleasure? theyre 500 times more sincere and valid than most of the trash the kids on this forum listen to. :rolleyes:

I think the only things I listen to that I could ever get shit for are

Bob Dylan
Simon and Garfunkel
Cat Stevens

NineFeetUnderground said:
how is bjork or johnny cash a "guilty" pleasure? theyre 500 times more sincere and valid than most of the trash the kids on this forum listen to. :rolleyes:

Like I said, no guilt but probably unexpected. :)
I don't even like other metal bands than Opeth, Disillusion, Nevermore, Tool, Katatonia, Dream Theater, Devin and PoS.
So I am listening to as much unexpected bands ("guilty pleasures") as to metal bands. :rolleyes:

N-MAYH said:
ya same here, that and slipknot and dimmu borgir...:puke: just to clarify- i dont listen to them.. i used to.. i do listen to like johnny cash occasionally,rammstein, and the donnie darko tracks i really like..