What is your reason for long hair?

I gotta tell that many girls envy my long hair, that grew about 40cm in just a year... and it's very smooth, and brown, and I just love my long hair, 'cuz the chicks do it so!! :lol:

Oh, and the reason for I have long hair is... I just... like it! ;)

i had long hair for my whole life untill about 2 weeks ago. the reason for long hair is it is simple, its always nice, it just is there. the only downside is poeple always want to mess around with it! its like "i wanna braid it!" "i wanna comb it!" just go away! its mine! grow your own. now that i have short hair, yes it looks nice, but its so damn anoying!

†Russel Allen†® said:
I gotta tell that many girls envy my long hair, that grew about 40cm in just a year... and it's very smooth, and brown, and I just love my long hair, 'cuz the chicks do it so!! :lol:

Oh, and the reason for I have long hair is... I just... like it! ;)

WOOO HOOOO go Russell!!!
I Love long hair, BUT I do have to admit that SOME guys don't look good w/it.. mostly cuz they don't take care of it. Like I hate it when it looks like they never wash it..Yuck!! That yuck greesy look.what are they thinking?

My hair goes down to my waist and it is alittle wavey. So when its wet it can touch my butt..heehee!, I had short hair when I was alittle girl but long hair is just more sexy!!(for most)lol.

I'll always prefer guys with long hair over the short haired ones. :p

I have long hair cuz short is hard to maintain (you have to cut it reguraly etc etc... With long hair you can just let it dry and comb it! Second reason - I look ugly with short hair. Third reason - now I have soemthing to headbandg with!! I wanna let it grow like Kimmy Goss - below the butt :p And 4th reason - short red hair wouldn't look ahlf as good as the long red does.

Hi btw ;) :wave:

I had hair that reached to just above my butt for years when I was still playing in bands. I cut t all off about 4 or 5 years ago because I was in a long period of not playing music and it got to be really hard to maintain. I finally gave in and cut it all off.

The upside: I can take a shower and be dressed (without conditioner or a hair dryer) in like 10 minutes where it used to take me nearly 45 because I had to dry my hair.

The downside: It was really fun having long hair when playing. It definitely adds to the headbanging experience. I got used to the short hair though. and even since I got back into music I don't feel too strange.

Damned if you grow, and damned if you don't! :)

I had it long, until 2 weeks ago. I was fed up with the time it took to take care of it. And guess what? In my case, ppl (especially the girls :D) like this short cut better than the long NOT cut hair.

Harrald

I'm in the process of growing my hair long. I had to cut it back a few times recently because I've been looking for a job, but now that I have one, I'm just gonna let my hair grow and grow.

I dunno, I want long hair just because I've never had it before. :headbang:

I Started to grow my hair when i started to get serious into music, and wanted to get a band going(Shorthair + headbanging = Retarded).
At first i had a Fro(more lik FRoOoOoOo) then I dreded my hair, Now i Gots Shoulder lenth Dredz

One thing i have noticed tho, Having long hair elimnates you from having a chance with about 33% of girls... I belive this to be an exact Science =P \m/

Main hair reason that i can think of tho Has to be the HeadBang

Primary reason for me was to just get enough to headbang and windmill with some action going on there, but I've found as it grew during the winter it keeps my head and face really warm, It's also nice to block out things if you don't want to see them, and plus my new girlfriend loves it :D

i have short hair :( ..but thats because i went through a 'i wanna be blonde' phase..and RUINED it..therefore chopped it all off and am starting again..and have learned my lesson..BE HAPPY WITH YOUR NATURAL HAIR COLOR lol..

My hair is short for my back and sides ... but I centre part my hair and leave my fringe really long. Schools in Singapore didn't allow long hair, oppressive bastards! So its not really long, but its getting there.

Hehe ... I was so dazed I forgot to include the reason...

Well having long hair is something I always wanted to do, and my parents encouraged me to have a try before I had to go out to work.

Also, my hair has a lot of volume and some frizz, so if its too short, I can't make it stay in shape, so there has to be a certain length before it can be combed effectively.

Third, it makes for cool head-banging, after all what's a metalhead without long hair?:headbang:

Many problems comes with long hair...
Compromised vision, choking at night.... To mention some...
But still, I think long hair is more natural, I have actually experienced people saying; Long hair is gay...
To all that feel this way::: It's gay to go to some freak shop where they cut your hair 3 mm every day...
It's gay to fill your head with this and that to make it unnatural....

Long hair is \m/etal
Long hair is cool
Long hair is beautiful
Long hair is the best!

(Sorry, just had to let some steam go) :hotjump:

Playing lead guitar with short guitar is pretty... well.. poserish. I don't headbang a lot because I lose my precision and my head aches afterwards but.... C'mon long hair makes any guitar look better :)

Me too :)

p.s. I kinda like it here feel like I'm gonna stay:)

†Russel Allen†® said:
my long hair, that grew about 40cm in just a year.

:OMG:

It took me the better part of three-four years to get my hair to shoulder-length. What kind of fertilizer do you use? :D

I had long hair until I had to go to the army and cut it. Now I'm trying to grow it back, since my girlfriend really liked it when it was long. (She likes my current hairstyle too, but says she misses the longer look.) So, in my case, it's all about the girl. :D

Originally I grew it for the attitude as much as individuality and - surprise! - for the girls. :)