What makes you get up in the morning?

DragonLady1 said:
and where would u move? sorry for my ignorance, I'm rather new in this place

oh, i guess we'll just roll down the counter into the closest fruit salad. :)

actually, no, i'm going to move to cheverly, maryland. a few miles from washington, d.c.

hmmm...most times i find it difficult to want to participate in the world. i have grown detached from the material things, lost interest in sports, dont care to eat. seems like the same old shit. school is a waste, if i had a real choice i would have left years ago. i sit in front of this damn computer and the world passes me by.

however i do have more friends now than probably ever before. i enjoy listening to music, it is a wonderful distraction. i go to shows and always have lots of fun there. but at the end of the day it all feels very shallow. somehow a sense of duty keeps me here, that the choices aren't mine to make. it's like i'm floating around in passive detachment, watching the film of me...then i get distracted and i forget these things. there is no motivation to be 'successful' or to become 'something' worthwhile, because it can all be taken away so quickly. the film keeps rolling i don't know when it will run out. i'm just kind of here. so i take comfort in the present moment of being, just sitting here and listening to music and thinking...

Hmm, probably the everyday banalities, ordinary things, which arent ordinary at all. During the last 2 years I seemed to lose the ability to see these things and all I saw was "the poor bleeding me". That led to a great depression, hehe, and that to an annoying illness. I got another chance and am slowly getting better and discovering those minute details again. So thats what makes me get up in the morning.

marduk1507 said:
Hmm, probably the everyday banalities, ordinary things, which arent ordinary at all. During the last 2 years I seemed to lose the ability to see these things and all I saw was "the poor bleeding me". That led to a great depression, hehe, and that to an annoying illness. I got another chance and am slowly getting better and discovering those minute details again. So thats what makes me get up in the morning.

Good for you dude, I hope you start to get some joy out of the world again. :)

I think it's true that the small things make life worth living in the end. Yesterday for example, it started raining around 19:3, just when the sun was about to set.. it sounds cheesy but it was a really nice moment :)
Also, I bought a new teapot.. and everyone knows, there's nothing like a good cuppa ^^

Misanthrope said:
Nothing makes me wanna wake up in the morning i just do. I carry on just because i feel like it, no grand schemes or motivations, thats meaningless to me.

So without any grand schemes or motivations, are there any things in particular you look forward to each day?

Rusty: Ever thought about going on to university?

Misanthrope looks forward to the sight of morning dew on the grass, the scent of spring as he skips through the meadows, the way the bright snowdrops clash with the deepness of the tulips, the glorious calls of the larks while the chaffinches gaily sing their tunes, and the childish making of daisy chains to hang around his dear mother's neck.

Ben, I did go to uni for 2 years, but I ended up hating the course and dropped out. Now I have no idea which course I'd want to do, much like having no idea what job/career I want.

rahvin said:
oh, i guess we'll just roll down the counter into the closest fruit salad. :)

coming from the one who didn't like grocery list discussions. :lol:

@Rusty: What about trying different things? Since you have no tie to anything specific right now, this gives you the chance to try to explore more jobs, and who knows, maybe in the process you'll find something you love. While time passes, i'm starting to think you can never really know what a job is like, before you've actually done it.

What makes me get up in the morning? That one day I'll have my share of happiness and peace of mind, and that one day I'll take away something good and wonderful out of life in this otherwise despicable world of men.