What was the first song you actually liked from Opeth?

Pretty much the whole Blackwater Park album.
I had read great reviews about this album so I asked it for Christmas. I got home and listened to it with my headphones on, and couldn't stop it until the album was finished. I couldn't believe how good that was, I had never heard anything like it. Everyone of these songs impressed me, so I guess my first song was The Leper Affinity, but I'd say my favorite must have been Bleak or The Drapery Falls.

Wreath was the first song I heard by them and I liked it, but wasn't quite into their music(love the song now). I was just getting into more extreme metal at the time, so it was pretty different from what I was used to.

I'd say The Leper Affinity was the first Opeth song I reallly liked.

Black Rose Immortal for me, quickly followed by the rest of the album. A bit odd for a then 11-12 year old lol.

Anyone else?

Well, I was laughed at when I was 11-13 years old for listening to Yes, and King Crimson, from the early 70's. They were laughing, asking why I was listening to my parents music. Whatever, I like what I like, and besides, my parents liked Bob Dylan and Bob Seger shit.

Advent.

This song was my first exposure to Opeth back in 1998 and I was just floored. This song really was grounbreaking to me, not in a technical sense, but more in a creative one.

Morningrise really had a vibe like no other metal band at the time. In terms of sounding modern and fresh, Morningrise was it.

Wohoo this will be my first post in the Opeth forum... =)

The first song I heard by them was Bleak, I think. Bleak or Windowpane. I remember I really enjoyed Bleak, but not Windowpane. Probably because I, at the time, only listened to metal. But since then I just got stuck with the band, and now I like just about every song they have done. Oh and me not liking Windowpane, that passed. Now I think it's one of the most beautiful songs ever written. =)

To Bid You Farewell :) I was blown away, I thought they play mellow stuff even though my friends told me that they play Prog Death MetaL, then I listened to When, and I was like OMG who's this god damn beast :D And it was Mike :p
My favorite band ever ! no one can reach Opeth !!!

Reverie/Harlequin Forest. Yes, I'm kinda late. I've made up for it with all the Opeth listens I've had since then. ;)

Advent was the first song I really was patient with. The jazzy intro, classical guitar and electric blend. Before I had listened to death metal ala Chris Barnes. I followed Cannibal Corpse till Corpsegrinder took over, but was always looking for more. I fell away from metal for years, but grew reminiscent and picked up some COF I used to love. Listened to it and sparked the hunger a fresh! Well, it was by the time Ghost Reveries had been out, but for whatever reason, Advent was the first song I listened to-- loved it, and met the band that I had missed out on and waited for my whole life! Whew!

the first song i liked was the first song i heard, master's apprentices. that song alone gave birth to my love for opeth, and in that time i have grown to love almost every song opeth has ever recorded. there are a few exceptions, which i've mentioned in another thread, but i heard MA way after deliverance had been released, so i had a lot of catching up to do, and i can say that i've never heard another band which i even wanted to listen to. i got hooked on opeth kinda late, but i have so much love and appreciation for their earlier music. i don't listen to new or "popular" music, there's only a few bands that i actually can stand to listen to, opeth is one of those, and one of those bands that i choose to completely immerse myself in their work, like pink floyd.