Whats with everyone hating AYDY?

The Bringer said:
Unlike you; I own all the albums, I care about the band and the direction they are taking and I finished high school.

I'm a fan of their old stuff and so are a lot of other people on this forum. But to tell you the truth, we all share a common opinion... AYDY is watered down crap. That is putting it nicely too. Yeah, in the past Alexi has written some great riffs, solos, etc. But not anymore.

Sorry but did I ever said I don't own albums? bitch I even got the Japanese edition and the vinyl single and album (needled24/7 & AYDY?)
I got all of the freakin Merch there is to buy (except for the girles lol)
so, don't go on telling me you care about the band by saying you won albums we all buy albums, but talking shit about the band doesn't help!

fucking read first what Alexi has to say before bitching about their albums

Karma: It is being said that that COB is playing modern Nu Metal now and should write songs like on the Hatebreeder album again, what's your thought on this?

Alexi: [clears throat] You know, that's kind of a tricky thing because the thing is that there are always going to be people no matter will say things like that. 'The older one is always better' you know. People that are saying you should just do stuff like Hatebreeder but we don't want to get stuck, you know! We don't just want to get stuck in one style of music and plus that's just not what we're about right now. Whatever we do its not consciously decided that we want to sell more modern or sell more old school. Some of that comes naturally and that's it. So I mean, in a way I understand if the new stuff doesn't appeal to people who were more into Something Wild or Hatebreeder but still it what we do. If you don't dig it, that's totally fine with me!

I'm not saying that I don't like old albums, in fact, I do like Hatebreeder as much as you do cuz I think Alexi's vocals were fuckni gr8, but then it's always the same story
just like what happened with Metallica, James grew old and his vocals changed.
To tell you the truth, when I first listened to AYDY? I was like, wtf!!
But then I liked it the more I listend to it.

Kalma|-| said:
Sorry but did I ever said I don't own albums? bitch I even got the Japanese edition and the vinyl single and album (needled24/7 & AYDY?)
so, don't go on telling me you care about the band by saying you won albums we all buy albums, but talking shit about the band doesn't help!

Karma: It is being said that that COB is playing modern Nu Metal now and should write songs like on the Hatebreeder album again, what's your thought on this?

Alexi: [clears throat] You know, that's kind of a tricky thing because the thing is that there are always going to be people no matter will say things like that. 'The older one is always better' you know. People that are saying you should just do stuff like Hatebreeder but we don't want to get stuck, you know! We don't just want to get stuck in one style of music and plus that's just not what we're about right now. Whatever we do its not consciously decided that we want to sell more modern or sell more old school. Some of that comes naturally and that's it. So I mean, in a way I understand if the new stuff doesn't appeal to people who were more into Something Wild or Hatebreeder but still it what we do. If you don't dig it, that's totally fine with me!

I'm not saying that I don't like old albums, in fact, I do like Hatebreeder as much as you do cuz I think Alexi's vocals were fuckni gr8, but then it's always the same story
so what i'm reading is... you're a fanboy.

Kalma|-| said:

Bitch nigga foo!
First of all, saying that "old fans will always whine but we like to try new things" is not an excuse for making crap music, it's an excuse to sell more albums to stupidass american 14 year old kids with semi long greasy emo hair. Regardless of whatever the fuck åmgalexi claims. It's a proven fact for christ's sake! Look at the sales, look at where they tour 24/7 and look at the stupidass new members on this forum.
Second, Alexis vocals suck donkey balls, has always sucked donkey balls and will most likely suck donkey balls forever if he continues to do what he is currently doing. His vocals are the only thing that bothered me on the old albums (subjective opinion I know) due to the fact that they are out of tone, his growl attempt always end in JAU JAU JAU and from anyone other than the fanboiz' opinions they are downright boring. In fact they are really annoying. I wish he'd just shut the hell up.
Third: Youre an idiot, we dont care how much CoB stuff you got. Bragging about it only makes you a banboi. it's ok to have the albums but you don't buy all the merch just because you're in ove with Alexi. That's stupid. Collect stamps or something instead.

freeze.jpg

lmao :lol:

BodomiC said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadnight Warrior87
Simple answer to this thread:
Other Bodom albums > AYDY?

yeah, but thats no reason to hate AYDY

I don't hate it, I just think the other albums are better, cause they stuck to what made Bodom great.......Agressive, melodic, death metal.

Elysian893 said:
yeah, alexi has got to be one of the worst vocalists in metal.

Hmm.. he has been voted for the number one metal vocalist.. Jari Mäenpää in the second place, if I remember correctly.

Edit: I mean in Finland.

Bodom After Breakfast said:
Well, in addition to being the first official album with Roope Latvala, instead of Alexander Kuoppalla, COB have changed their image from wearing all black, to wearing camo and shit. Plus, AYDY doesn't really hone up to their past albums. Don't worry about other peoples opinions, if you truely like AYDY, then don't care what other people think.

Does it really matter what they wear and for godsakes to all those so called "diehard COB fans" you guys really get your heads out your asses because there new sound may not contain some of there old elements but there music is razor sharp and there far more versatile now that they have come this far.

So let people say what they want COB still remains one of the best metal bands out.