Whats with everyone hating AYDY?

Elysian893 said:
bodom had powermetalism in previous albums??

I'd say so. especially on hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper. Most metalheads I talk to even insist on calling them powermetal (check their metal-archives page too...) Of course its just the music, not the vocal style.

Actually, I liked AYDY?- of course, it was my first and so far, only, CoB album, but I love it nonetheless.

Bodom After Breakfast said:
Well, in addition to being the first official album with Roope Latvala, instead of Alexander Kuoppalla, COB have changed their image from wearing all black, to wearing camo and shit. Plus, AYDY doesn't really hone up to their past albums. Don't worry about other peoples opinions, if you truely like AYDY, then don't care what other people think.

amen, I honestly think AYDY is a good album, their old stuff is good too and thats that. I dont think anyone really hates AYDY....

MegaRon said:
Actually, I liked AYDY?- of course, it was my first and so far, only, CoB album, but I love it nonetheless.

hard to find people who have heard of bodom from the Hatebreeder era who live in North America..these kids heard about them since hate crew deathroll..sigh..newbs

I like AYDY, its different but some of the songs aren't that bad... living dead beat and AYDY are pretty good, i dont mind NIL, BOB, TL&S and WNGF aswell... so its not that bad IMO.

Lobo said:
hard to find people who have heard of bodom from the Hatebreeder era who live in North America..these kids heard about them since hate crew deathroll..sigh..newbs

Well I'm from British Columbia and I started listening to them just before Follow the Reaper came out.

But yes, they never got a fan base until HCDR.

The Bringer said:
Well I'm from British Columbia and I started listening to them just before Follow the Reaper came out.

But yes, they never got a fan base until HCDR.

I think the reason for that is because they never started touring North America until that album, not necessarily because they started "selling out."

And as far as the sell out thing goes...I have spoken to Alexi on more than one occasion and he never ever came across as being someone who would play or write a certain way just for fame and fortune. So if you think AYDY is shit, its not cause its an attempt to make more money...the writing style changed and you think its shitty...nothin wrong with that :p.

Shit, Opeth is all over Hot Topic and are on a way more mainstream label than Bodom is now, and I haven't heard anyone call them sellouts for that.

No, I didn't say there were sellouts at all. I think the new album is poor because I believe the band was pushed to write a new album too soon. The part about the selling out and playing the shows they do, I don't know whos fault that is. Because no other Spinefarm bands are landing those shitty tours.