Whats with everyone hating AYDY?

The Bringer said:
Well I'm from British Columbia and I started listening to them just before Follow the Reaper came out.

But yes, they never got a fan base until HCDR.

BC here too....and that is very true. They never had a fan base in North America until HCDR. I only see HCDR/AYDY shirts here. I did see an older COB hoodie yesterday that just said Children Of Bodom across the front. Although it might have had HCDR art on the back. And I saw a yummy Trivium hoodie yesterday! :puke: I also saw that someone had etched COBHC into the newspaper dispenser at a bus stop I was at. I don't know anymore...it's all rather homosexual. Hard to find true fans here.

Elysian893 said:
i got into cob with FTR

I should not have said 'never had a fan base until HCDR in NA'. That was very exaggerated. I meant more to do with the high school 'metalheads'. Those are the ones that think Lake Bodom is an album and not a song. (Yes really happened :( )

Actually before I left Canada I worked at a local hockey area and I had to scrub graffiti off a bathroom stall. Low and behold I went in there and someone write COBHC on the stall door.

How COBHxC of them.

I always got complimented by my shirts when I went out because little kids that it was cool that a long haired tattooed guy was wearing a shirt of their favorite band.

Lobo said:
hard to find people who have heard of bodom from the Hatebreeder era who live in North America..these kids heard about them since hate crew deathroll..sigh..newbs
Um, Id like to speak in defense of those of us who are old fans and who live in the US/canada. Ive been a fan since before HCDR, and while the newer fans are very common, there are still PLENTY of us who have been fans for awhile now.

Hell, the last time I flew across the country, I sat near a guy with a Hatebreeder shirt and we talked metal the whole flight. Sure, the newer fans are much more common, but that doesnt mean that the older fans are like a couple per city, i know quite a few actually.

Scott W said:
Um, Id like to speak in defense of those of us who are old fans and who live in the US/canada. Ive been a fan since before HCDR, and while the newer fans are very common, there are still PLENTY of us who have been fans for awhile now.

Hell, the last time I flew across the country, I sat near a guy with a Hatebreeder shirt and we talked metal the whole flight. Sure, the newer fans are much more common, but that doesnt mean that the older fans are like a couple per city, i know quite a few actually.

That's what I tried to do.

Lobo said:
hard to find people who have heard of bodom from the Hatebreeder era who live in North America..these kids heard about them since hate crew deathroll..sigh..newbs
Well, I did just get into CoB about a month ago, so I guess you're right in a sense. I've heard a lot of good stuff from a friend of mine about Hatebreeder, but the only one I could find (and wanted) was AYDY? because I really liked "In Your Face" and I felt like supporting the artist rather than downloading it- PLUS the quality of the file when I did download it was pretty sucky anyways. Long-story-short, yes, I am a newb when it comes to Bodom, but I do want to expand my Bodom library- just have to get the cash first.

MegaRon said:
Well, I did just get into CoB about a month ago, so I guess you're right in a sense. I've heard a lot of good stuff from a friend of mine about Hatebreeder, but the only one I could find (and wanted) was AYDY? because I really liked "In Your Face" and I felt like supporting the artist rather than downloading it- PLUS the quality of the file when I did download it was pretty sucky anyways. Long-story-short, yes, I am a newb when it comes to Bodom, but I do want to expand my Bodom library- just have to get the cash first.

Sorry pal, you're late. If you didn't hear about COB before 2003 we just can't accept you on this board because you're a new poser fan. Because of people like you I can't really listen to COB anymore because now other people than me and my mates know my favorite band and it's not cool anymore to listen to COB. I'll never wear my COB shirts again or support the band, but instead start listening to cooler bands not so many people know, so I can be the individual rebel I always wanted to be since the day I started to listen to metal music.

Nah but seriously, welcome to the boards. Doesn't really matter which album you get next, you'll probably gonna love it anyway.

Shadeg said:
Sorry pal, you're late. If you didn't hear about COB before 2003 we just can't accept you on this board because you're a new poser fan. Because of people like you I can't really listen to COB anymore because now other people than me and my mates know my favorite band and it's not cool anymore to listen to COB. I'll never wear my COB shirts again or support the band, but instead start listening to cooler bands not so many people know, so I can be the individual rebel I always wanted to be since the day I started to listen to metal music.

Nah but seriously, welcome to the boards. Doesn't really matter which album you get next, you'll probably gonna love it anyway.
i try not to wear my HCDR shirt often cause it has some kind of curse of stench :p

Is Kalmah getting more popular here too? And Norther? I found 2 Kalmah cd's and a Norther cd at HMV yesterday, and I bought them both. I only had the mp3s. But I was so surprised to find them there.