Which Region/Country make the best Death Metal?

Which Region/Country make the best Death Metal?

• USA

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Canada

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • South America

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • UK

• Sweden

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Finland

• Norway

• Germany

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Poland

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Russia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asia

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Africa

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Australia

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
I'm American, but are you fuckers forgetting about Canada? CRYPTOPSY!!!! JESUS CHRIST!!!! HOW COULD YOU FORGET ABOUT CRYPTOPSY?!?!?!?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but America had Possessed (THE FUCKING FOUNDERS OF DEATH METAL), Death, Immolation, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Napalm Death (although that's more grindcore), Nile, Incantation, Kataklysm, Morbid Angel, Obituary, Dying Fetus, and so on.

Poland? Decapitated are fucking amazing, but Vader? Is Vader REALLY death metal? Maybe, but only by the loosest sense of the term. I haven't heard them in a while, and although they kickass, I dunno if they'd be called brutal.

Germany...Fleshcrawl and Nihilism. Those are the only two bands from Germany that I know of that are death metal. Thrash is good there, as I met Destruction about a month ago and they were pretty cool.

I'd say Sweden comes in second, just with the melodic death metal movement that they started. If we're talking ALL kinds of death metal, then Sweden is number 1 BY FAR. The Gothenburg scene defined an entire genre...it was like the Seattle grunge scene of metal.

uhh, Kataklysm is from quebec (canada), i voted for canada,
it just so happens my favorite bands are from Quebec, cryptopsy, voivod, gorguts, kataklysm, martyr, neuraxis, quo vadis etc. really good scene over here

there is a HUGE difference between europe and US death metal. europe has a more black and classical influence. they take more pride and effort in putting in different things and i tend to hear a trend with adding a bit of black metal in the mix. with the US i hear straight up grinding riffs. fast and intricate. bordering on the grindy side. so i think its almost like comparing apples and oranges. take a band like extol and compare it to origin. they are completly different. compare decapitated to nile.

so with that said. i think it all depends, cuz really there are huge differences in the sound and style.
~gR~

I like Native American metal alot.
Bands like Festering Corpse, Shitting Mucus and everyone's favourite pedophile-reserve band, Molests Children.

No way man! Canada should be way further up there. How can you argue with bands like Gorguts, Cryptopsy, Sepsism, Neuraxis, Necronomicon, Kataklysm.......

Canadians rule!

SculptedCold said:
No way man! Canada should be way further up there. How can you argue with bands like Gorguts, Cryptopsy, Sepsism, Neuraxis, Necronomicon, Kataklysm.......
So because of a few good bands it should be in the same league as Sweden, Poland and Germany?

Sweden has more death metal bands, both newer and older, than any other county. Insision, Spawn Of Possession, Vomitory, At The Gates, The Haunted, The Crown, Amon Amarth, In Flames, Dissection, Carnage, Dismember, Therion, Desultory, Merciless, Entombed, Afflicted, Edge Of Sanity, Necrophobic, Unanimated, Unleashed, Arch Enemy, Hypocrisy, Opeth, Bloodbath, Dark Tranquility, Forsaken, Messugah, Regirgitate, Cemetary, Nasum, Defleshed....
I could go on and on.

Life Sucks said:
Sweden has more death metal bands, both newer and older, than any other county. Insision, Spawn Of Possession, Vomitory, At The Gates, The Haunted, The Crown, Amon Amarth, In Flames, Dissection, Carnage, Dismember, Therion, Desultory, Merciless, Entombed, Afflicted, Edge Of Sanity, Necrophobic, Unanimated, Unleashed, Arch Enemy, Hypocrisy, Opeth, Bloodbath, Dark Tranquility, Forsaken, Messugah, Regirgitate, Cemetary, Nasum, Defleshed....
I could go on and on.
The Haunted, In Flames, Therion, Arch Enemy, Opeth and Dark Tranquility aren't death metal.