Which year did you start listening to Peth?

Which year did you start listening to Opeth?

• Pre-1994

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 0.9%

Votes: 3 1.3%

Votes: 5 2.2%

Votes: 4 1.8%

Votes: 4 1.8%

Votes: 16 7.0%

Votes: 13 5.7%

Votes: 26 11.4%

Votes: 23 10.1%

Votes: 22 9.6%

Votes: 21 9.2%

Votes: 38 16.7%

Votes: 23 10.1%

Votes: 20 8.8%

Votes: 8 3.5%

• Total voters
2003. I just sort of bought Blackwater Park out the blue and had all of their albums within half a year.

Probably would have found them earlier if I wasn't 13 at the time haha.

I'd say 2001/2002 (I voted 2002) when I first discovered Morningrise. I assumed the new material sucked so I stayed away from it (I figured new material of most bands usually sucks.) Little did I know that BWP was a complete masterpiece after taking it for a listen at HMV later that year. :) It's actually one of the band's best albums.

So yeah, I then got into Still Life and ended up getting ALL the albums haha.

It was around the beginning of '05 I believe. I get a pretty good laugh from how I discovered them.

Being a big fan of Tool, on the Tool forum they were talking about the band "Otep" and even though they said Otep isn't alike to Tool I still wanted to check them out. So I go on Google or something looking for Otep and somehow get traced to Opeth and downloaded Deliverance (song), loved it, and kept on discovering more of their music. Never did get to checking out Otep actually.

1892. Mirror mirror on the wall does that make me the truest of them all?

In 02 cuz Some kid played Harvest in guitar class, and I it was pretty cool, but needed more cowbell. Even still I ended up getting the cd a few weeks later. I heard good things for years, but never really took the time to really check them out. Still needs moar cowbell though.

Haha...great story !

Cowbells = :kickass:

I think it was 2004/5; can't remember which song I heard first but it wasn't off of Blackwater Park which was the first album that I did listen to. Immediately enthralled and went for their complete discography and was just completely amazed at how brilliant the music was; especially as I was getting back into metal at the time. I remember hearing certain sections play back in my head at the oddest of times as if beckoning to me "must listen..more..opeth" A lot of people here say their favourite is what they first listened to but mine would probably be MAYH. Though it is closely followed by BWP, right after Orchid (possibly because I like to start at the beginning when going through discogs).