Who "also" hates Hip Hop???

So you must not like 2Pac, since he has sold over 70 million albums worldwide.

Although I am flattered that you feel the need to pick apart every word of my posts, I don't see how it is necessary, especially in this instance

Obviously there are some music artists who transcend definitions of mainstream or indie, but sometimes even they can have a misstep ie. California Love and some of Tupacs later songs although some of which are enjoyable

I do enjoy certain mainstream songs from time to time from good artists, but not for the most part :)

so I listened to The Roots' album "Do You Want More?!" yesterday and it dominated, and was wondering how their other albums match up, and which ones?

also, still speaking of live-band hip hop acts, how are Stetsasonic?

I've done mc-ing. Seriously. I suck, but I have done it.

All those people who rhyme fake gangsta shit have no talent, because I made a relatively professionaly gangsta mc record in about an hour.

Anyone wants to hear, let me know. I did if for banter, I thought it was funny lol.

*EDIT* Just so you know, I'm the least "gangsta" person on Earth,

I dont hate hiphop

Theres a lot of good stuff out there, but unfortunately theres more shit stuff out there also.

But some good hiphop = Fugees, Wyclef solo, Talib Kweli, Mos Def & Pharoahe Monch

Back in high school I used to go around writing "Rap Sucks" all over the desks, I hated the shit. As I look back I'm pretty sure it was nothing more than fear of the unknown, mixed with some kind of envy because I didn't get it.

Don't be fooled into thinking anyone actually hates this music. They're just scared.

Back in high school I used to go around writing "Rap Sucks" all over the desks, I hated the shit. As I look back I'm pretty sure it was nothing more than fear of the unknown, mixed with some kind of envy because I didn't get it.

Don't be fooled into thinking anyone actually hates this music. They're just scared.

I disagree, I am sure there are people who do actually HATE hip hop, not just because they have fear of the unknown or something... I can see someone hating shitty pop rap, or country or emo for that matter because alot of it is garbage or because they disagree with the ideology or lack thereof. Nothing wierd about disliking music which is full of coarse language and lack of content like most mainstream rap :Smug:

These guys are smart enough to know you don't judge metal by Limp Bizkit or some other crap band, but they freely judge rap by the crappiest shit around. Rationalization.

I've done mc-ing. Seriously. I suck, but I have done it.

All those people who rhyme fake gangsta shit have no talent, because I made a relatively professionaly gangsta mc record in about an hour.

Anyone wants to hear, let me know. I did if for banter, I thought it was funny lol.

*EDIT* Just so you know, I'm the least "gangsta" person on Earth,

I've done some MCing too, and I can just freestyle gangsta shit so easy. It's a lot harder to do when there's actually content to your songs.

Also, I don't love Things Fall Apart. The Next Movement is probably the best Roots song ever, but some of the tracks are so weak, especially Step Into the Realm. That song is utter trash. To be quite honest, my favorite album by the Roots is The Tipping Point (with the exception of the first weak track). I guess it's the first album by them that I really got into, so I'll always be partial to it. Just take a listen to Black Thought in Web, he kills it.

Holy crap, I just took a listen to Things Fall Apart starting from Ain't Sayin' Nothin' New, and it's amazing, a lot better than I remembered.