Who has the best growl in ALL of metal.

Originally posted by LordFireworm
:OMG:

I dont believe.I REALLY DONT FUCKING BELIEVE IT.
Three pages of shit like Dani Filth and Glen Benton yet NO-ONE mentioned Ross Dolan,the (By a long shot) greatest death metal vocalist around today and probably of all time.
I should probably stop coming here.

Well, considering the fact that you're listening to Avril Lavigne you probably should stop coming here! :lol:

Pasi Koskinen (sp?) from Amorphis's growling on Shape of Despair's latest album 'Angels of Distress'. Deep, slow and emotional it fits amazingly well with the suicidal music.

I havent heard Dan Swano growl yet, he any good?
Recommend some stuff from him...

Get Edge of Sanity - Crimson and Dan Swano - Moontower

They both showcase his great growling and also happen to be two of the best albums ever (especially EOS)

Originally posted by Bleakest Harvest
Lord Worm's, the ex Cryptopsy vocalalist, growls in None So Vile are unbelievable, the mixture between piercing screams and low growls is amazing

Mr Akerfeldt, due to the fact that he is somehow able to make growling sound emotional :)

Nergal from Behemoth is one hell of a growler also

And the guy Nile have at the moment (what's his name again) is great (and a surprisingly decent bassist too)

Daemon (limbonic Art) is a great growler, especially on Zyklon's World ov Worms album

Atilla (ex-Mayhem, Aborym). Unique and very strange sounding at times

Those are the growlers who immediately come to mind.

Yay! Attila is fucking brilliant, even if he is probably going to go to jail for being a druggie.

in no particular order: akerfeldt (evilest, im convinced) stanne (coolest, emotional -- im convinced... and so many words per song, wow) lindberg (really upset:im convinced) Gossow (for being angela and awesome)

I always liked the old singer from Hypocrisy. The one on the first 2 albums. The good thing about him... you can understand the lyrics while the voice is really deep.

i also enjoy anders from IF for having the largest array of annoying voices that i love anyway, and that scream of his --- how does he do it? i dont sound like that. ever.

Novembre's Carmelo has a really cool one on "Novembrine Waltz," but before then it sounded like he was choking on snot. I'm a big fan of Pasi from Amorphis as well...GREED off Tuonela has some of the coolest growling I've ever heard. I just wish he'd done the growls on Elegy cause Tomi was crap. Mikael and Michael Stanne are really good too, there's no denying it.

I just remembered something.

Anyone ever listen to Elend? Its this classical music thing thats based on Paradise Lost, one of the composers plays the part of the devil in it, and his growls are probably the most evil, tortured, disturbing sounding growls i've ever come across.
I'd recommed you all to check them out, try 'Les Tenebre Des DuHors' or 'The Umbersun'. 'Tis chilling stuff.

Originally posted by wankerness
Novembre's Carmelo has a really cool one on "Novembrine Waltz," but before then it sounded like he was choking on snot. I'm a big fan of Pasi from Amorphis as well...GREED off Tuonela has some of the coolest growling I've ever heard. I just wish he'd done the growls on Elegy cause Tomi was crap. Mikael and Michael Stanne are really good too, there's no denying it.

You must be joking. Just listen to "Sirens in Filth" from "Wish I could dream it again..." and "Love Story" from "Classica". Carmelo is ever great.