Who is generally accepted as the fastest drummer?

Originally posted by veil the sky
As for the fastest, does anyone know who plays drums on the first IMMORTAL album?
Armagedda

hrm... in Sarcófago's Crust.. is that a drum machine or a real drummer :eek: :confused:

I can't believe no one has mentioned Dave Witte!!
He is a fucking god!!!!!

The drummer from Nasum is also fast as shit.

Others: Brann Dailor/Mastodon, Chris Peni/Dillinger Escape Plan, Drummer from Pig Destroyer

and of course Dave mortherfucking Lombardo!!

Hellhammer, Gene Hologan.

Brann Dailor is really good too. My band opened up for Mastodon last Friday at the Next Generation. I stayed at the same house as those dudes. They were really cool.

At the Gates's list is pretty good although I'd add Pete Sandoval to the mix and take Richard Christy out ;)

Hellhammer and Barker are fast but they use triggers so they can hit the drums with less strength and yet still produce the same sound. There was a certain technique that uses this ability so that let's the pedal bounce back again after the first hit and only slightly hitting the bassdrum hence it wouldn't work without triggers. While I don't mind it when listening to someone but you can't say that one who uses that technique to be faster than someone who doesn't yet loses by an inch to the other. I'm not 100% sure if Hellhammer or Barker use the technique I mentioned but...

yea triggers are alot easier to work with.

The fastest double bass has to be pete sandoval

The fastest blasts would have to be trym or the guy from cryptopsy.

Overall, the best drummer talent wise would have to be hellhammer or trym. my vote goes to trym though.

In fact u are all wrong about double kick speed. It is a drummer who isn't in a well known band. His name eludes me at the moment but I've heard his double kick b4 and it sounds pretty shit if u ask me. It's useless to play at such speed that the drumming turns into a droning noise rather than music. There was a post like this on the Mike Portnoy board some time back, that's where i remember it being answered from.

Flo Mounier from Cryptopsy is a fucking beast. He can do blast beats extremely fast, and his double bass is the fastest i've ever heard. Check out the song "...and Then it Passes" from the album And Then You'll Beg from about 3:36(where the scream is) to 3:45. At about 3:41 he just explodes. How is such speed humanly possible?!

Originally posted by Lee_B
The fastest blasts I've heard were on Fallen Christ's album "Abduction Ritual" from 1995. Stupidly fast, and I've yet to hear anything even close, including Cryptopsy.

Lee

I was listening to this album today, so I thought I'd share a track with you guys now I've got some web space. Copyright Listenable Records 1995 (Laurent, if you're reading this it's free publicity, okay? :)).

Fallen Christ MP3

Let me know what you think. If you've heard anything faster than this I'd like to know about it.

Lee