Who is generally accepted as the fastest drummer?

I just say; listen to the double bass drums in Morbid Angel´s "Opening of the gates" (track 7) from the album "Gateways to annihilation". The bass drums aproxim. 1:30 into the song is unbeliavable! Never heard ANYTHING like it!

When it comes to grinding speed I´m not so sure though. Haven´t been listening to that type of music for a while. But Cryptopsy and Broken Hope maybe?

Tobias R Kellgren of Soulreaper (Dissection) I have not heard anyone this fast. He´s frekkin incredible, a shame you need to hear them live to experience it.. :)

Apart from that Pete Sandoval and Janne Sarenpää.

-phyros

uhmmm...don;t really know much about drums but i guess hellhammer, trym, nick barker and raymond herrara(fear factory) are the fastest i've heard...

speed aside, gene hoglan is my fav. drummer

The double kicks record is from a guy called Tim Waterson with something like 1400 bpm doing double kicks.

http://www.drumcanman.com/

A guy one time rated the speed Flo mournier had with blast drumming ( meaning as fast as you can with only 1 hand on the snare for those who dont know ) and he reached something like 720bpm , wich is about as fast as the double kicks if you consider that you can only reach half the speed. But i think the faster snare records with 2 hands should be much faster than the feet ones at least 1600 bpm so flo might not be the fastest hands in the world but it might come to be one of the top 10 or 20

The guy from Angel Corpse, John Longstreth. Hee plays in Origin now, he's got something called the flow, and hyper blast down...crazy shit. The fastest feet w/o a doubt not even close Pete Sandoval.

Hands down Trym wins.....no contest at all.... I swear he can play faster, but then the sound waves would oscillate at a speed that would stop the human heart and, well, that wouldn't be good for the fans :)