WHO REFERRED YOU TO OPETH

No one referred me to them. I found them myself (saw BWP in the store and bought it on a whim).
I am always on the lookout for good music. If I listened to shit most people around me suggested, I would be listening to crap like Kelly Clarkson or System of a Down.

kelly clarkson has one good song tbh:(. and system have more than one.

I respect your opinion and agree with you (if even a tiny bit), but my point was, I am always on the look out for artists who really have the passion and talent to provide music that moves the soul, not for the sake of making a buck or fame, but for the love of the music. While I try to keep my mind open to other people's opinions, I prefer to find out things on my own most times. Most times. To be truthful, I don't know many people like me, hell most are what we in Los Angeles call "K-Rockers" (those who listen to the shit they play on the mainstream alt-rock station KROQ). Um, I'm starting in on a whole 'nother rant though...

Someone on a fighting game internet forum referred them to me. There was a combo movie with a Rhapsody song on it and I said something to the tune of "I like any band that can write a song thats longer than 5 minutes and it still be good" and this guy said "Opeth dude". Cut to 5 years later and here I am.

I respect your opinion and agree with you (if even a tiny bit), but my point was, I am always on the look out for artists who really have the passion and talent to provide music that moves the soul, not for the sake of making a buck or fame, but for the love of the music. While I try to keep my mind open to other people's opinions, I prefer to find out things on my own most times. Most times. To be truthful, I don't know many people like me, hell most are what we in Los Angeles call "K-Rockers" (those who listen to the shit they play on the mainstream alt-rock station KROQ). Um, I'm starting in on a whole 'nother rant though...

Great sig, Cornflake Girl!

The century media Black "Firestarter" sampler. 1997. Nectar was the first Opeth song for me. Morningrise is still my favorite Opeth cd, and definitely somewhere amongst top albums of all time.

well my ex-gf (gf at the time) sent me all these songs and Demon of the Fall was one of them, I really like the accoustic parts then (i was a little unnerved by the growling then) and then i couldnt find anymore of them, annnd then all sins(phil) asked me if i like Opeth a while ago, i said hm? then he sent me some opeth, and we went to Sounds of the underground, cause he got free tix

Well basically i found opeth through a magazine ,which reviewed blackwater park, and in the past few months i have been getting to progressive metal and opeth is just amazing.

my ex boyfriend got me into them along with alot of other bands. at first I didn't know if I'd be able to handle Mikael's growling voice....but I got used to and now actually love it. Opeth makes me trip man....I'm so glad I'm not missing out on them anymore :)

Hmm... My sister borrowed metal CDs from a friend of hers, and I liked Dissection's The Somberlain, and went to a cd store to get it... I was pretty dumb though, I somehow forgot the band's name and the albums name too...

Soo, I tried to remember what the cover art looked like (All I remembered that it was a... dark cover.) and bought MAYH. My best mistake ever :D

Got The Somberlain a week later but liked Opeth zillion times more.

My roomate many years ago had Morningrise which he bought for like 10$ (i have no idea what currency it's common to use on this forum :rolleyes: ) which he made me listen to every time we played playstation :p And after that i got me Deliverance, and after that, i ordered ALL the CDs from Opeth :D

^ lol :D

in that time i was fed with metallica and actually was looking for new stuff to hear.
i sat with a friend (boy) and his friend (a girl actually. how unusual is that?). and she asked me "what do you listen to?" i told and then she went "listen to this, youll like the double-bass" (that was master's, of course :)). and the rest is history :p

Well let's see... I was a Hypocrisy fan and then heard of Peter's infamous side project - Bloodbath. After buying those records I found out that it wasn't Peter on the older records but man what a growl. After that I bought Blackwater park, Deliverance and Ghost Reveries.

I had of course heard of Opeth before and seen a live clip but I thought to myself "they do clean vocals - not interested" :D

I read in a Guitar mag an interview with Mike and Peter. Then I decided to check em out and downloaded Closure and Bleak. After a coupla listens I decided I didnt really like them so I didnt bother checking out more stuff until a guy from MSN told me to listen to The Moor. After a coupla listens................ I still decided it wasn't me cup of tea but I for some reason I decided I will look into them more and came across a fansite that had the outro of Deliverance playing on repeat. I was like OMGWTF so I downloaded the song and now Opeth is my all time favourite band.