who's the best in COB??

This is ridicilous. If feeling was all about technicality, we could make a computer make great music all by itself. There are unwritten "rules" of what kind of music attracts emotions in humans, not everyone thinks the same about it, but you can make generalizations on something sounding feelingful. And no matter if you play the strings with your tongue, it won't sound feelingful if you have shit notes for the melody. lmao

This is ridicilous. If feeling was all about technicality, we could make a computer make great music all by itself. There are unwritten "rules" of what kind of music attracts emotions in humans, not everyone thinks the same about it, but you can make generalizations on something sounding feelingful. And no matter if you play the strings with your tongue, it won't sound feelingful if you have shit notes for the melody. lmao

:kickass:

yes... you can't measure feeling with those formulas....

it's not a case like 2+2=4

if you wanna calculate like that

for me maybe 2+2=0

and for somebody else 2+2=16!

Haha, as figured....couldnt be decided. Question was stupid in the first place anyway.

- I still say Jaska though....lol

and I still say Henkka and Roope should have more attention....

:kickass:

Well, Henkka is one of my fav bass players and he should get more attention. Janne is cool, too :D Alexi was better but now... He is not bad, but... I don't like the vocals and some of the lyrics :p Oh, and can't Henkka sing some backing vocals in french or spanish...... it would be kinda cool :)

The old Alexi Laiho?
He is good at writing great solos, and riffs. (First 3 album)
He suck at writing lyrics and vocals.
But he is lovely :)

yeah ! i think he shoul hire a good vocalist for the band ....just that his ego wouldn't allow that..:yell:

i think all of us would agree that alexi is a bad vocalist and lyricist when compared to someone like anders friden, bjorn strid or dave mustaine...:yuk:

i think all of us would agree that alexi is a bad vocalist and lyricist when compared to someone like anders friden, bjorn strid or dave mustaine...:yuk:
I wouldn't and I'd be sorely tempted to kick you in the crotch if you dared to mention Dave Mustaine's name in front of me in any way that suggested anything pleasant about him.
That aside, I actually like Laiho's vocals. The lyrics are often terrible though.

dave mustaine? name one good lyrics written by mustaine! name one song with above the average vocals sung by mustaine!

Alexi can't sing? yeah now he can't sing like he could before...

but his fucked up voice is a million times better than dave mustaine's voice!

check out this video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4qDAji1CKc&feature=share[/ame]

and also the lyrics:

The faint blaze of the candle of my life,
slowly dying like a fire in a pouring rain.
No sparks of hope inside,
no shooting stars on my sky.
On broken wings, no flying high...

Another night, another demise,
Cadaverous wind blowing cold as ice...
I`ll let the wind blow out the light
cause its gets more painful every time I die.

Out of strength to fight.
I cannot take another night.
I cannot take it no more.
Lust of light slips through my fingers
like blood on my arms.
Black candle wax has buried me...

Another night, another demise,
Cadaverous wind blowing cold as ice...
I`ll let the wind blow out the light
cause its gets more painful every time I die.

^are you implyng, those lyrics are good? :lol: Though there are good lyrics in one song Alexi wrote. Well, when it comes to vocals everybody mentioned in this thread (except Mustaine) sucks.

^are you implyng, those lyrics are good? :lol: Though there are good lyrics in one song Alexi wrote. Well, when it comes to vocals everybody mentioned in this thread (except Mustaine) sucks.

that depends on what you mean by good! lyrics of ETID and KTS are not good to me. they are FUCKING INTENSE.

for you these lyrics may be some words put together to look good and to go with the music...

but they give me an image of the context of the song.
I`m running after you throughout
the valleys of tormented souls,

just try to imagine this in your mind...

imagine you're running and following the reaper in valleys of tormented souls! just think about tormented souls. how do they look like? do you dare to go where they are?

Anders Friden is one of my favorite singers of all time but he fucked up his voice too...way before alexi...

Generally, I care about lyrics a LOT more than most people, but COB's lyric are mediocre at best. If you find their lyrics genious, I'm sure there are hundreds of band, whose lyrics you'd find awesome.

Generally, I care about lyrics a LOT more than most people, but COB's lyric are mediocre at best. If you find their lyrics genious, I'm sure there are hundreds of band, whose lyrics you'd find awesome.

Generally, I care about lyrics a LOT more than most people

that's great.

I'm sure there are hundreds of band, whose lyrics you'd find awesome.

I'd be so grateful if you could give me an example.