Why do people think Opeth is so great?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup, like, I never feel like listening to anything brutal at 1-2 am when I'm really bored/tired :p I listen to Opeth or 13 Candles..or anything mellow when im tired or bored.

edit: finally a serious thread, I was gettin sick of all the pointless threads.

:lol: Dude, I fall asleep often with my headphones on full blast listening to Borgir, Bodom, Arch Enemy, shit like that...

... I've even fallen asleep in the daytime with my stereo FULL BLAST in my room to the same shit.

But if I'm not in the mood for slow stuff, then I can't appreciate it. But even when I am, I throw on an Opeth track and for the most part it's usually really bad. I like most of Black Rose Immortal, and Blackwater park, it has it's moments. But blargh, I really dislike Opeth :p I prefer Slipknot to them :loco:

Imo Opeth are just plain shit, I too, have tried real hard to get into them but theres is just nothing there; nothing special. I guess the band is just like Marmite: You either love it or you hate it, and I hate it.
Correct.
I hate 'em too.
:kickass:

I do have to agree that they are quite long, but they make it up by adding diffrent influences in each song. Most bands just stick to the standard 3-5 minutes and finish the song in a hurry so they can get more money, Opeth is diffrent, they are really care for their music.
To me they never are repetitive just because they are so long alot of diffrent styles are mixed in one song but not in one part of the song. For instance: first part is kinda silent, then comes a loud death metal part followed by a progressive part, then another death metal, then a guitar solo, progressive-death, etc.
So basicly all the parts just follow up to each other, making every part of the song sound diffrent which can never be repetitive

If you like variety, check out Arcturus and Solefald :D or if you REALLY want variety, chekc out Sigh or Empalot.

Yeah I like a couple of songs from Dream Theatre.. btw can someone tell me what song is being played at the intro to this vid?

Last edited by a moderator:
James LaBrie has the shittest singing voice ever, it sounds like a cat that has a kazoo in it's mouth, being stepped on.

Mikael Åkerfeldt however has a great voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.