Why do people think Opeth is so great?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people think CoB are so great?

:lol: I agree. Go ahead an' flame, ye fannies.

I think opeth are great, well, sometimes. I have to be in the mood to listen to them, for example, when I'm at a friend's house just drinking and chillin', I like a bit of opeth on the background, mainly because some of their songs are long and they make you chill :)
In my opinion, they do sound good.

Aye, I quite agree. Ah've gottae be in the right mood for Opeth. When the mood's right, though, it can be oh soooo good. Like in the bath, for example, while reading - that's a nice time tae listen tae some Opeth, IMHO. And ah'm not much interested in getting into banal, bitter, and ultimately pointless debates aboot how much a band rocks or sucks. If it's yer cup o' tea, spot on, that's grand. If no', that's fine too. It's not mine or anyone else's duty tae get ye into something YOU SIMPLY DON'T LIKE.

I think Opeth is a pretty good progressive metal band. Most of the time i can't listen to long to them cuz the songs are so long but they match my mood when i'm really tired and thoughtful. The vocalist has nice growls and the clean vocals are hypnotizing.

:lol: I agree. Go ahead an' flame, ye fannies.

Aye, I quite agree. Ah've gottae be in the right mood for Opeth. When the mood's right, though, it can be oh soooo good. Like in the bath, for example, while reading - that's a nice time tae listen tae some Opeth, IMHO. And ah'm not much interested in getting into banal, bitter, and ultimately pointless debates aboot how much a band rocks or sucks. If it's yer cup o' tea, spot on, that's grand. If no', that's fine too. It's not mine or anyone else's duty tae get ye into something YOU SIMPLY DON'T LIKE.

I love the way you speak...

I love the way you speak...

:) Ah'm surprised no other bastard here posts the narrative they're speaking in their head, i.e. replete wi' accent, pronounciation and aw that baws. I don't do it always, but if I feel like it.

For your information. Scots dont wear anything under their kilts. ;)

'Cept a large boaby and some also large hairy baws. They're items of clothing, right?

:) Ah'm surprised no other bastard here posts the narrative they're speaking in their head, i.e. replete wi' accent, pronounciation and aw that baws. I don't do it always, but if I feel like it.

Fuck, im from one area of Birmingham, no cunt would understand me if I put accents on my typing. :erk:

First off, a big FUCK YOU to all you people who are bitching and moaning. I wanted to just discuss the band, and see if I was the only one who felt this way. I made the topic as respectfully as I could, and was fair, and you STILL fucking cried. You are no better than Lady Laiho. Grow the fuck up and learn to take people criticizing your band. And before I'm called a hypocrite, and of the "disrespectful opeth sucks die" comment in response to other people were a joke, clearly. All the longer, more serious posts I made were done so with fairness in mind.

Attention:

No one cares what you listen to.
No one cares that you don't like Opeth.
No one cares who you think is the best metal band ever.

If you don't like Opeth, don't engage in Opeth discussions. I have alot of good friends who like Opeth and Dream Theatre, but I don't bring it up on a regular basis how much I don't like them, and I usually stay out of any conversation anyone has about them unless they are asking me directly my opinions.

Why do people think Opeth is great? Because they like somthing different. Why do people like punk, pop, hip-hop, Jazz, Classical, Rock, Techno, Industrial, folk, ect.

I hate Slayer. I gave them a good try, I even have 2 of their albums becuase I wanted to like them, I was told they were the band every metalhead loves. I hate them. I like Thrash, I hate Slayer. But I don't start a thread about it, becuase its just asking for an arguement. Its asking for someone to go "shut up Slayer rules".

Stop being an attention whore plskthx.

Um, first off, fuck you. How is the creation of this thread me being an attention whore, or starting an argument? I'm not allowed to start a level headed discussion about a band? Seriously, suck it tubby. And since I already stated it's a matter of opinion, it renders your huge whiney post null and void. :rolleyes:

Joe did you really feel the need to be a douchebag like this? Seriously.. What is the point of this thread? To piss off me and LR, I'm sure...

YES! EXACTLY! I made a thread when NEITHER one of you were even fucking online, just to piss you off. I engineered this whole thing just to sit and wait and then LOL at your reaction :rolleyes: I live to offend you and her, you caught me. Congrats.

And don't call me a fucking douchebag for expressing my opinion. I've felt this way for a few years now, WAY before I met you. So I don't see how you think you revolve around this.

Seriously. :Smug:

possibly nothing better to do
Or, you know... I was possibly wanting to dicuss this with other metalheads. I know we all often forget this but....

THIS IS AFTER ALL A FUCKING MUSIC FORUM SITE.

The more posts the read the sadder this gets.

He's not being a douchebag, he did ask whether or not you agree with his statement or not, therefore it's basically a discussion on Opeth.

Thank you. I just wanted to discuss this topic, but I'm glad all the Opethomos are on the rag and decided to get mad. When someone criticizes Bodom, I don't get mad :lol: I mean I used to, especial when I was younger but you know... I grew the fuck up and learned not everyone likes the same shit you do and that's ok. Dicussions go that way from time to time, it's called opinion.

Söy;6207119 said:
there's a whole forum for that already
Ok, but I use this one. I know the people here. I could give a fuck less about what those other Opeth forum people think. And besides, making this thread on an Opeth forum... THAT would be trying to start an argument. I have enough sense that if I don't like the band, I stay off their forum.

I agree that they have many long songs that I don't care for but they are by no means a really shitty band.. They have a unique sound, something that is getting rare in metal these days. But Joe, you hated power metal just the other day and now you love it, so I'm guessing in another month you'll be 'AMGOPETH' :lol:

and i'll laugh at you :p

Actually it wasn't the other day :p it's been a slow change over the course of months. And no, I've been trying to get into Opeth for years. Never could. So it's not the same cuz I never really listened to powermetal at all, except for Dio and stuff. And in fact, the whole "I'm liking powermetal now" thing is precisely WHY this issue is raised again. Cuz like I said, I always try to give a band a fair chance. But I just can't seem to get into them, so what is the crime in that?

And they might have a unique sound, yes... but then again two pigs shitting on my face would have a unique sound too, but it doesn't make it good. Excuse the analogy :p

yea but he asked for an opinion on poeple who like opeth and whenever someone said they liked them and gave a reason he kind was like "diekplsthxbye"

If I did say anything like that, it was in reponse to someone else who said it first and was clearly a joke. :rolleyes:

ZOMG I made a typo!! NO FUCKING WAY! ME?? HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN!

Status
Not open for further replies.