Why do people think Opeth is so great?

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly, most of you guys take the things Heartless says way too seriously...

...then again, I'm still fairly new, but I'm just going on what I've seen.

No, you're right. You're the first person to join here and NOT be a cocksucker for a few month before turning out to be cool. Hell, even I did it it's like a rite of passage. But for that I have even more respect for you.

No, you're right. You're the first person to join here and NOT be a cocksucker for a few month before turning out to be cool. Hell, even I did it it's like a rite of passage. But for that I have even more respect for you.

but...you are still a cocksucker :lol: :p
only jokin, u know i love you realy ^^

Man you fucking asshole. I could do with some food right now. Though its 1:26am so im fucked either way.

:lol: Sorry man XD

If you didn't, that statement would be VERY further from the truth.

The typo transformed it into reality though.

:lol: If you don't like Bodom, fine. But it's good for you cuz you don't have to worry about going totheir shows then because guess what: You live in the jungle. And unless they come up with a "Canopy Warhearts" live CD, I think you're safe ;) :p

Ah yes, food. It's good shite. Earlier I had some left-over, microwaved Sunday (well, birthday) roast, wi' a pint of milk. Great stuff.

Why do people think CoB are so great?
Good question.
I prefer Opeth then Cob :lol:
Don't trow me rocks please *hides*
Mike:Alexi = PRS:ESP It's really... not difficult.
P.S. CoB is the best metal bad. Period.
Don't give a typo excuse. It's in the perfect place.
:lol: Dude, I fall asleep often with my headphones on full blast listening to Borgir, Bodom, Arch Enemy, shit like that...

... I've even fallen asleep in the daytime with my stereo FULL BLAST in my room to the same shit.

I prefer Slipknot to them :loco:
Given all of that: I imagine you're tone deaf anyway.
Arcturus and Solefald kthxbye
If you like variety, check out Arcturus and Solefald :D or if you REALLY want variety, chekc out Sigh or Empalot.
Then Arcturus is right for you!
From one angle, you're promoting other bands in the same vein(I assume) as Opeth, which is fine. From another angle, it seems you're pushing other bands to draw attention away from Opeth. Stop throwing bands in Opeth fans' faces after they explain why they like them. I really don't think the bands mentioned above are candidates for Opeth-substitute, regardless of their sound and what they have to offer.
Mikael Åkerfeldt however has a great voice.
+1
Söy;6207090 said:
i saw opeth live. and the dvd is great kthnx
+5
Söy;6207108 said:
Mikael Akerfeldt is a really nice person in real life
I've only spoken to him via fucking myspace, which is the ultimate get out of jail free card for ignorance and assholes. He's possibly the nicest person I've ever heard from; and that's only going by a simple message.
opeth is a punch to good taste
Good taste is determined by the tongue which samples.
I think Opeth is a pretty good progressive metal band. Most of the time i can't listen to long to them cuz the songs are so long but they match my mood when i'm really tired and thoughtful. The vocalist has nice growls and the clean vocals are hypnotizing.
Very nice... +1
:) Ah'm surprised no other bastard here posts the narrative they're speaking in their head, i.e. replete wi' accent, pronounciation and aw that baws. I don't do it always, but if I feel like it.
I do it all the time with people who speak English as a first language, but since a lot of people here aren't native speakers, I try to leave out the local Philly slang.

opeth12-1.jpg

My favorite band, hands down. The all-time classics are there, of course, and Opeth wouldn't be what it is today without them. However Opeth is the embodiment of what I think is musical genius. Also, Opeth has character, unlike a lot of bands. There aren't many musicians who can pull off legendary status on stage and social personality alone.

I am not an uber fan of them, but they have got some good acoustic parts, like To Bid You Farewell. The Leper Affinity solo flows really well too. But overall, I do not see why so many ppl suck their dicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.