Why do people think Opeth is so great?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never liked prog metal much to begin with, but Opeth and Dream Theater write terribly boring music. Not taking anything away from their instrumental talent, but their songs just bore the living fuck out of me.

Same here. ALong with Symphony X too. Except their new cd, and a few of their old sngs like Inferno and Masquerade.

Attention:

No one cares what you listen to.
No one cares that you don't like Opeth.
No one cares who you think is the best metal band ever.

If you don't like Opeth, don't engage in Opeth discussions. I have alot of good friends who like Opeth and Dream Theatre, but I don't bring it up on a regular basis how much I don't like them, and I usually stay out of any conversation anyone has about them unless they are asking me directly my opinions.

Why do people think Opeth is great? Because they like somthing different. Why do people like punk, pop, hip-hop, Jazz, Classical, Rock, Techno, Industrial, folk, ect.

I hate Slayer. I gave them a good try, I even have 2 of their albums becuase I wanted to like them, I was told they were the band every metalhead loves. I hate them. I like Thrash, I hate Slayer. But I don't start a thread about it, becuase its just asking for an arguement. Its asking for someone to go "shut up Slayer rules".

Stop being an attention whore plskthx.

seriously tho

Mikael Akerfeldt is a really nice person in real life

so is warrel dane

Joe did you really feel the need to be a douchebag like this? Seriously.. What is the point of this thread? To piss off me and LR, I'm sure...

He's not being a douchebag, he did ask whether or not you agree with his statement or not, therefore it's basically a discussion on Opeth.

I agree that they have many long songs that I don't care for but they are by no means a really shitty band.. They have a unique sound, something that is getting rare in metal these days. But Joe, you hated power metal just the other day and now you love it, so I'm guessing in another month you'll be 'AMGOPETH' :lol:

and i'll laugh at you :p

He's not being a douchebag, he did ask whether or not you agree with his statement or not, therefore it's basically a discussion on Opeth.

yea but he asked for an opinion on poeple who like opeth and whenever someone said they liked them and gave a reason he kind was like "diekplsthxbye"

Not really, but hey.

True. But people I respect (for the most part) are into this band. Unlike Kornfags and emos. I mean I know it's a matter of opinion, I just wanted to know if anyone else felt like me. Like everyone loves this band but I think they fucking suck really, really bad.

The cool thing with Opeth is their instrumental songs, as "Epilogue" or "Madrigal", these little guitar-played pieces, and the whole Damnation album. But the metal parts are very very very boring, and not that inventive.

Status
Not open for further replies.