Why do people think Opeth is so great?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given all the contant nit-picking occuring throughout this thread, I'd like tae join in for a moment...

Shouldn't it be "Why do people think Opeth ARE so great?" since yer referring tae a bunch o' musicians, i.e. people, who are what comprises the band's structure? The name on its own would mean pure bugger all wi'out the people who make that name carry any weight of importance. Ah'm probably wrong, but it was fun tae join in. :)

EDIT:
but i just meant great as in number

Ah, I see. My grievous and potentially fatal error.

The fuck you're talking about, you're canadian :loco:

Canadians instantly fail at mocking other people's countries. Take your tongue off US's cock and we'll talk :loco:

:lol: Canada is the greatest nation in the world.

Ok, so Jan. Jens, Jan, Johan, too many common names to keep straight. My bad.

I know kids send random "omfgz ur my idol i love you" type messages and such, I've sent a few and it didn't bug me really when I didn't hear back. I was just glad they read. However in the cases where I wrote with substance and skipped over the fangirl stuff, really made an effort to produce casual conversation, then wasn't replied to... those irked me. The way I look at it, it only takes maybe 15 seconds to write something short and sweet. If these bands have personal accounts and are checking messages from people they don't know, they're looking for something to keep them busy, I think.

But whatever, that was a level-headed response from you to me. I think this may be a first...

Not really, I am the nicest asshole here. :D I can be reasonable but it's more fun to be a prick sometimes :loco: And also, don't worry about the name thing, some people here woulda nailed you for it, but I don't care. And well, MySpace comments are redundant to me anyways. I wouldn't randomly message anyone else, so why randomly message a musician? There's not much else to say other than "Hey, you guys rock!"... I rather meet them in person.

Hm, interesting thread :lol:
My band has covered a few opeth songs, not by my choice but I still learned them. I don't really mind them, I actually like a few songs. I find the drumming to be a tad repetitive at times though(just in personal opinion,I'm not the world's best drummer or anything) and yeh the songs are like hours long sometimes and it tends to get boring :lol: But the lead singer has a good voice. Like any band, they have their good and bad points.

:lol: Very well said, mate. Is that CC tune yer listening tae from their upcoming album? Like, demos or such like? :p Dunno aboot their fanbase, though. Seriously, you ever been tae the Opeth forum? Some o' the people there, they're, uh, I dunno the P.C. term tae use, but I dunno if I'd describe them as "great" as a collective lot.
I don't like the Opeth forum at all. The people are so extremely touchy (flame here)... if you say one single negative thing about anything related to Opeth... the moderator pops in and threatens to either ban or lock the thread. I mean, simple things like if someone started a thread about Mike's guitar tone. It's more of a worship than discussion board.

I don't like the Opeth forum at all. The people are so extremely touchy (flame here)... if you say one single negative thing about anything related to Opeth... the moderator pops in and threatens to either ban or lock the thread. I mean, simple things like if someone started a thread about Mike's guitar tone. It's more of a worship than discussion board.

:lol: I think some of those types are kicking about here :loco:

Haha, it's things like this that remind me why it took so long to join this board.
Not that I'm any great addition to it.
There seem to be plenty of others that are also too damn weirded out to join which leaves all the erm, interesting people to join.

If anything I've been coming here for a few years for Bodom news, if not entertainment. :lol:

There's no one named Johan in Borgir. But it's ok, I'm not a stickler for people knowing EVERY member of EVERY band so I'll let that slide. But, eventhough it does suck if the bands you like are a group of assholes, it doesn't change the fact that their music is good. For me, their personality has no effect on how much I like or dislike them. That's the same as not listening to a band because their lyrics are satanic/christian/etc. Music is music, it's either good or bad.

It's the Michael Jackson thing I always tell people... I don't know the guy, if he's nice or not but even if he raped kids... his music is still awesome regardless..

Ok, well props to him for that. That is cool, although don't think a band are ASSHOLES because they don't reply to your myspace message. Think about all the gay thigns kids send them each day, you'd be a bit more understanding if you did. But still, his kindness has nothing to do with the music.

And yer right about some people in bands also but Jaska and Henkka I can safely say are all around nice people because I have never read ONE bad story about them since 2003 when I became a REAL fan or in any interviews I read that were done prior to then. After hanging with them for a night, I learned they are AMAZING people and I have the utmost respect for those guys, and I owe them both BIGTIME.

To be honest, Henkka would be alot nicer if he actually replied to my emails.

Aye, I dunno if ah'm the only one who's experienced this, but if I made the slightest criticism of COB, to some fans, on the internet or in person, they treat it like I tried tae gangrape their dead mothers wi' members of the Nazi movement, or something.

To be honest, Henkka would be alot nicer if he actually replied to my emails.

Well, he IS busy and shit you know. He toured for fucking ages... so give him a break for wanting to relax at home, do the shit he likes like sailing his boat, playing soccer, and stuff like that. I owe Henkka big time, he's one of the nicest people I've ever met. And I'm not just saying that. Jaska too.

Well, he IS busy and shit you know. He toured for fucking ages... so give him a break for wanting to relax at home, do the shit he likes like sailing his boat, playing soccer, and stuff like that. I owe Henkka big time, he's one of the nicest people I've ever met. And I'm not just saying that. Jaska too.

Of course he's busy. I'm busy too.

God forbid Henkka takes five seconds of his day to write an email.

It's a little more personal than that. He's proven himself unworthy of Nikki's affection. Go Steve!

Status
Not open for further replies.