Why do Women Hate Metal- or any other complex music?

Well most women are into top 40 type pop music. I have this funny story. Once in class I was listening to my walkman and this Chinese girl asks me "What are you listening to"?. I open my CD to show her my Obituary - Back From The Dead album and she says "Don't you listen to any happy music"? :lol:

A friend of mine played Dimmu Borgir to some girl and she looked at him weird, and then said, get this--"It's different. It's cool that you actually listen to something different."

I played some Earth Crisis to one hot chick in my Political Analysis class and she waitied till the song was over before giving me the Discman back.

This thread is stereotypical and ultimately pointless. There are plenty of women willign to listen to metal. It's not like it's a big deal, anyway...it's just music.

Originally Posted by Tindor
most women that into metal(not all) are scenerats, and dress in all the black crap, and look so stupid

75% of the time, yes thats true but most of the guys wear black also. Its just the women tend to take their image way way more seriously and well, ok its fair enough taking some pride in your appearance but when i see girls with loads of "gothic" make up applied all intricately over their face, boots like skyscrapers and corsets etc.. it really fucking annoys me. It's cool having women in the underground metal scene, i just wish most of them wouldnt be so obsessed with their image

Yeah that's definitely something I noticed. Whenever I'm at a metal show a very large portion of the females present are all outlandishly dressed and all "gothed" out, and it just confuses me. A very small portion of guys at metal shows look more unusual than just long hair and a band t-shirt.

And another thing, is it a crime to be a good looking female and be into metal? No offense to anybody here, but the majority of girls/women I see at metal shows are hideous. I can usually count the hot girls I see per metal show on one hand.

Eh, as I said before, I'm a girl and listen to metal ... but I don't really dress too much differently from guy metalheads. Usually just wear jeans and a band shirt (and sometimes boots, though not huge ones). I could give a flying fuck what people think about how I look. I don't fuckin wear "evil" makeup either -- unless you're in a band, no matter what gender you are, you have no reason to wear any kind of "evil" makeup.

ThePhilosopher said:
Whenever I'm at a metal show a very large portion of the females present are all outlandishly dressed and all "gothed" out, and it just confuses me.

... but the majority of girls/women I see at metal shows are hideous. I can usually count the hot girls I see per metal show on one hand.

I agree 100%... cept the number of hot girls i see... well I can count on 1 finger (at best). :(

Domoritus said:
Eh, as I said before, I'm a girl and listen to metal ... but I don't really dress too much differently from guy metalheads. Usually just wear jeans and a band shirt (and sometimes boots, though not huge ones). I could give a flying fuck what people think about how I look. I don't fuckin wear "evil" makeup either -- unless you're in a band, no matter what gender you are, you have no reason to wear any kind of "evil" makeup.

Obviously you do care what people think (to some extent), otherwise you wouldn't be trying to prove yourself here. You posted before saying that you were a female into metal and such... we get it already.

It was actually a girl that introduced me to Morbid Angel and Carcass, and I only gave Pantera a listen because another girl I knew was fanatical about them. And they were both pretty cute. One of them had a Mike Patton hairdo and liked to wear the "Support Your Local Einsatzkommando" shirt. Though I have noticed that many women are as Speed described, in fairness.

Maybe it's just because women are more in tune with their emotions, and the uplifting melodies are more to them than just a handy emetic.

I read an article with Steve Vai, and he stated he doesnt remember any chicks getting excited about his guitar playing in general. I suppose one has to be in a big popular band that tours to be appreciatd by women.

This whole thread just proves my point that it is completely futile for men to try to figure out the mystery that is a woman.

"A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man." --from 'O Brother, Where Art Thou?'

This Was By Far The Funniest Shit I Ever Read!!!!!!!!!! I'am 100% Woman And I Agree, Woman Are Brainless Whores Who Care More About What They Look Like Or What People Think Of Them. I Care About They Way I Look I Work Out And Wear Make Up,but When I Go Shows I Wear Jeans And A Girls Metal Shirt. Girls Want Attention From Guys And When They Get It Then They Don't Want You Anymore. I Know It Makes Me Want To Puke More...trust Me. Thats Why I Have One Female Friend And Every One Else Is Male. That Why I Dont Have To Talk About What The Fuck I'm Going To Wear, Or Who My Boyfriend Is This Week.
My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be Like That!!!!!!!!! Yes, Im Serious. Not Ever Going To Happen.
So I Just Want To Clarify One Thing, Yes Girls Are Worthless, But There Are Some Chicks Who Dont Just Pretend To Like Shit Because There Friends Or Boyfriends Do. (although True For 95%)
You Just Need Find The Right One.
Sorry Guys I Really Do Feel Bad For You.

But for me it sucks too, every guy that I meet at shows and shit just hits on me for the way I look, and all the real metal heads it seems like I'm already friends with. I have never met a guy that likes more than 2 of the same bands I like. Music does matter, it really is a huge part of life. So life sucks for us all. Good luck!

hehe, i've never really been around enough girls into metal, let alone knew some well enough to be able to generalize about metal and women in general...so I don't.

Sinner Rider said:
This Was By Far The Funniest Shit I Ever Read!!!!!!!!!! I'am 100% Woman And I Agree, Woman Are Brainless Whores Who Care More About What They Look Like Or What People Think Of Them. I Care About They Way I Look I Work Out And Wear Make Up,but When I Go Shows I Wear Jeans And A Girls Metal Shirt. Girls Want Attention From Guys And When They Get It Then They Don't Want You Anymore. I Know It Makes Me Want To Puke More...trust Me. Thats Why I Have One Female Friend And Every One Else Is Male. That Why I Dont Have To Talk About What The Fuck I'm Going To Wear, Or Who My Boyfriend Is This Week.
My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be Like That!!!!!!!!! Yes, Im Serious. Not Ever Going To Happen.
So I Just Want To Clarify One Thing, Yes Girls Are Worthless, But There Are Some Chicks Who Dont Just Pretend To Like Shit Because There Friends Or Boyfriends Do. (although True For 95%)
You Just Need Find The Right One.
Sorry Guys I Really Do Feel Bad For You.

But for me it sucks too, every guy that I meet at shows and shit just hits on me for the way I look, and all the real metal heads it seems like I'm already friends with. I have never met a guy that likes more than 2 of the same bands I like. Music does matter, it really is a huge part of life. So life sucks for us all. Good luck!

Said my thoughts exactly. Despite being a woman, I think that women in general are worthless and I as well have male friends even if I sometimes find men stupid as well. Actually, I should get more clear...I dislike humans, I dislike women for the reasons that Sinner Rider said more than men, but yet some women and some men are worth to talk to.
As concerned the music, I think that one can say what a person has for a brain from the music that listens to. Seriously... :err:

I agree Edgecrusher, as I think about it, Womens hatred of complex abrasive music, and love of emotional dance music is yet another reason why women are so attractive. Something that is so hard to ever understand - women, is all the more attractive.

Now, I will never understand the mood swings, the need to shop all day, and the whole female friendship thing ( you know women seem to backstab each other all day long, and still be friends- i cant tell you how many times i have seen a chick call her friend a fat ugly bitch behind the friends back, and then tell the friend a few seconds later she looks beautiful, and must have lost weight- now this is something I will never understand, but i do find it funny).