Why does mainstream metal culture suck so much?

murderedbysound said:
I am pretty sure that most metal that comes from Europe is a hundred times better then what the USA pukes out. You name one bad or shitty band from Europe and I can name twenty-five. It's horrible to go to a show where the headline is Opeth or Dimmu or Strapping Young Lad but the opening acts are usually trashy american hardcore emo wanna be bands. I do understand that being over seas complicates things but like I said Euro metal owns American metal. There maybe some bands that started a genre or sub culture if you will here in the US (Cannibal Corpse, Deicide Morbid Angel). I might even go as far to say that Metallica put metal on the map in the 80's more so than Black Sabbath. I understand they are the grandfathers of everything out there that is metal, but if you say the word metal and have grown up in the states I'm sure it's hard not to say Metallica or Slayer.

here's my take on it....girls are more likely to gravitate towards socially acceptable music than boys. the US has more girls than boys, therefore most of the popular shit is utter shite.

Hah, I think many will agree that Kalmah are one of the better bands out today. Better than your Grind shit

COBHC420X said:
Hah, I think many will agree that Kalmah are one of the better bands out today. Better than your Grind shit

hey now Grindcore is x1000000000000000000 times better than COB. live it, learn it, love it.

Why, because grindcore doesnt use talented keyboardists?

When you say something is better than another, give a reason why. You just make yourself look dumb.

COBHC420X said:
Why, because grindcore doesnt use talented keyboardists?

When you say something is better than another, give a reason why. You just make yourself look dumb.

because talent isn't everything.

Kalmah and CoB are OK at best.

That being said I rather listen to a grind band play live because they put out some of the most energetic live performance. Grind live is like a huge punch in the face and it feels good.

COBHC420X said:
No way, someone put an INTELLIGENT reason why they like grind better? Oh shit.

ok this is the best youre getting: CoB is angsty masturbatory pop aimed towards kids who want sick-as-fuck catchy video game music

The Timebird said:
ok this is the best youre getting: CoB is angsty masturbatory pop aimed towards kids who want sick-as-fuck catchy video game music

Wow you nailed it.

I mean cmon look at the this lyric

"I don't give a flying fuck mother fucker"

All Laiho can say fluently in english is fuck. And he sucks at growling or whatever the fuck he does. And the way he dresses.

ohiogrinder said:
hey now Grindcore is x1000000000000000000 times better than COB. live it, learn it, love it.

this man speaks the truth :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

COBHC420X said:
No one intelligent is posting on this thread anymore. I'm done.
just because people don't like the band you like doesn't mean it isn't intelligent. Grow the fuck up