Why is Buddy stalking Spitz?

Meanwhile...if you interested in EXACT $$$ and cents and how much Music Industry and Anthrax in particular LOSSES due to THIEVES who disregard copy right laws,
I'll be more than glad to provide you with the numbers right after dinner
;-))))

Buddy,
I think if we can hear it from either Anthrax musicians themselves or their acounting department,
would make MUCH stronger statement than poor us slobs guessing in the dark.

Here is my pledge:
if I read HERE that ANY musician supports intellectual property thives,
I'll donate $100 to the charity of their choice...

post away!

Any press is good press, and with the alleged Spitz's supergroup new release, I think your client could have used some free publicity and exposure such as the one given by Infernal Combustion. However, you jumped on the use of the Spitz's photo on the IC website as if it was the worst crime to copyright laws since Napster. I agree that the intellectual property is a sacred right that should be protected, but Dan or whoever mounted him to pursue legal action against IC, should lighten up and not take everything so seriously.

Originally posted by mentalmeltdown
... but Dan or whoever mounted him to pursue legal action against IC, should lighten up and not take everything so seriously.

Dan has NOT sought any legal actions.
His manager has sent IC C&D letter,
VERY common form of communication among non consenting adults
(I SPECULATE than Keith is an adult, correct me if I am wrong)

If Dan has thought legal actions, Keith would be posting e-mails from his barrister by now...

Any press is good press, and with the alleged Spitz's supergroup new release, .

Well,
are you telling me that me putting my opinion of Keith being a thief will help his reputation and business?

hey, Keith, do you mind if issue my personal press release in Financial Times?

you think this will help ya?

If you mention Keith's website in your press release I'm sure it will help bring more people to his website. And that's the point I was making.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, was it normal for adults (and you seem to be one) to get all worked up over a photo - which was neither offensive to Spitz nor discriminating to him in any way I can see... IC weren't selling Dan's photos - they only used to remind and inform people who were reading who is Spitz.

If you mention Keith's website in your press release I'm sure it will help bring more people to his website. And that's the point I was making.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, was it normal for adults (and you seem to be one) to get all worked up over a photo - which was neither offensive to Spitz nor discriminating to him in any way I can see... IC weren't selling Dan's photos - they only used to remind and inform people who were reading who is Spitz.

ok, I guess a joke is in order to lighten up the mood...

Iraq..Bagdad..2 beggers sitting near the biggest mosque and beg for donations.

One arab and one...jewish.

Nobody gives poor jew a nickel, while throw an arab begger big bucks just in spite.

Finally,
an old arab comes to the jewish guy and tells him:
if I were you, I'd go to Israel and beg there..
and threw another 100 dinnars note to the arb begger.

When he left the Jewish begger tells Arab begger:
Moishe, and this goim thinks he teaches us how to do business
rasp.gif

IC site brought VERY little hits to
http://danspitz.com
but the Blabbermouth story about Spitz "suing poor Keith" brought 300% increase in traffic...

I appreciate you teaching me a business acumen,
I'll take your lessons to my grave....

Originally posted by Serge_nocomments.com
you can find link to Keith's article on danspitz.com chat board,
the board is uncensored, as you know, everything goes there.

Who the hell am I to tell other artists when to laugh and when to cry?

Everybody are entitled to their reactions.

But....STEALING COPY RIGHTED MATERIALS is NOT cool.

If you point me to the official permission of the present Anthrax members that it's OK to SSTEAL their music, intellectual property and use it any way oine pleases,
I'll be in eternal debt to you

While music and pictures are both intellectual property, they are obviously different. I ran an unofficial site for several years that basically "stole" pictures, and the band welcomed it. Would Spitz threaten legal action if a fan made a site? I really doubt it. I respect a musician's right to do such a thing if they choose, but I disagree with it.

All I am saying is that I have a hard time believing is that the *only* reason Spitz wanted legal action was because of the copyright violation. It looks to many people as though he just could not take the joke (whether the joke was right or wrong). Otherwise, I would expect the same action against a fan site, and I doubt that would happen. If he wants to go after a site like InfernalCombustion, then he is excercising a constitutional right of his, but it should not be surprising that people have looked down on him for it.

Anthrax.com (the site, not the board) has linked to Infernal Combustion. A message board can't really speak for a site.

Respectfully,
Justin

Originally posted by jdelpi
While music and pictures are both intellectual property, they are obviously different. I ran an unofficial site for several years that basically "stole" pictures, and the band welcomed it. Would Spitz threaten legal action if a fan made a site? I really doubt it. I respect a musician's right to do such a thing if they choose, but I disagree with it.

All I am saying is that I have a hard time believing is that the *only* reason Spitz wanted legal action was because of the copyright violation. It looks to many people as though he just could not take the joke (whether the joke was right or wrong). Otherwise, I would expect the same action against a fan site, and I doubt that would happen. If he wants to go after a site like InfernalCombustion, then he is excercising a constitutional right of his, but it should not be surprising that people have looked down on him for it.

Anthrax.com (the site, not the board) has linked to Infernal Combustion. A message board can't really speak for a site.

Respectfully,
Justin

Justin,
where I came from,
there are two sayings the entire business empires were built upon:
1) The best warrior is the one who doesn't have to fight.

Spitz's manager one page C&D letter served the dual purpose:
A) "you fuck with the bull - you get the horns"
B) sent the message how Dan feels about intellectual property thievery.

I doubt we'll see any attempts to steal his intellectual property any time soon, because he cares about artist's rights.

2) when you run with the big dogs,
you pee on the big trees...

seems like Dan's "stream" reached quite a large trunk if we have been talking about it here and few other places for all this time.

all this will be irrelevant when
7x70
http://7times70.com announces the musicians and makes it's first release...

Originally posted by Serge_nocomments.com
I doubt we'll see any attempts to steal his intellectual property any time soon, because he cares about artist's rights.

Who'd want to? The only reason he tried suing roadrunner is because of the publicity. He's nothing right now. Most people ask "who the fuck is Dan Spitz?" when his name is mentioned. So basically no one knows who Spitz is. Without the ex-Anthrax guitarist part, no one would know who he is. He's nothing. He's trying to gain his fame back in the wrong ways. If he thinks he's so big, why doesn't he let his fucking music do the fucking talking. So in conclusion, HE DID IT FOR PUBLICITY FOR HIS GROUP THAT ISN'T EVEN THERE. IF YOU DID THE MATH DAN 7X70=ZERO BECAUSE YOU'RE THE ONLY MEMBER OF YOUR BAND!!!!!!!!!