Why is Dimmu Borgir disliked in Ultimate Metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the posters here that don't like Dimmu Borgir actually think that they suck, not because they can buy their shirts in the mall.

For all Tid and Stormblast are old school favorites of mine. Nostalgic. Enthrone Darkness Triumphant is ok. I prefer my cheesy symphonic metal in the form of Bal-Sagoth, which is excellent stuff.

Covenant (The Kovenant) - Nexus Polaris is a very good cd. The Kovenant is basically Dimmu with Hellhammer. Only the first two cds are good. Anything past that is very bad.

Theyre alright. I CANNOT STAND CRADLE OF FILTH though. Temptation is the worst song Ive ever heard.

I suggest at least listening to Dusk And Her Embrance, Cruelty And The Beast, or their EP V Empire because the song Queen Of Winter, Throned is fucking excellent. I haven't listened to their last couple albums.

i like dimmu borgir from ''enthrone darkness'' to ''puritanical''

before and after this i guess very borrow, 'cause before they were very simple, and after they lost the brutality in their compositions...

I used to like them but by now I've sold everything I owned by them except for EDT (mainly for the first track which is one of their few truly good songs). They're a quick fix band really. Initially when you haven't heard that much (black) metal they might seem exciting but once you've listened to them a bit longer you start to notice they have little left to offer. And when I started exploring metal more deeply they became less and less interesting to me. Their latest albums have been especially unlistenable with their totally overbearing pompous songwriting approach. I literally could no longer sit through a single listen of Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia. Sure it's all nicely produced and the band are obviously quite skilled players/arrangers (and dare I say marketers) but they cannot write a decent fucking song when held up against a lot of other music outthere.

The whole "everyone who hates Dimmu Borgir secretly likes them and is just being elitist" is so trite and silly. Stop being so insecure and just listen to whatever the fuck you want without needing constant validation from a bunch of people on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.