Why is Dimmu Borgir disliked in Ultimate Metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dimmu Borgir are decent musicians. The thing is for lot of people on this site( myself included) they were a gateway act.
They are really quite accessible but their works simply lack depth and thus don't age well.

Anyway,CAIRATH phrased it much better than I did. I agree with him completely.

I like it when the female vocals come in on "The Night Masquerade" there's something lustfully dark and majestic about those bitches moaning.

how about this.... can anyone listen to them (dimmu) without thinking of them as a BM band? ... I think that is the problem... everyone compares them to hardcore BM bands and not think of them as just a Metal band instead... if you think of them as just a Metal band you might enjoy their albums more... and to me mainstream or commercialize metal is when they crack the top 50 or something of Billboard... they certainly haven't I don't think except maybe the last album...

What I've heard from them didn't have too much too offer. I wouldn't say I hate them but I don't like them either. I'm just indifferent.

how about this.... can anyone listen to them (dimmu) without thinking of them as a BM band? ... I think that is the problem... everyone compares them to hardcore BM bands and not think of them as just a Metal band instead... if you think of them as just a Metal band you might enjoy their albums more... and to me mainstream or commercialize metal is when they crack the top 50 or something of Billboard... they certainly haven't I don't think except maybe the last album...

youre 100% correct. the same can be said for CoF too.
~gR~

The reason for my dani filth hatred was because Lie to purify brought up cradle for no apparent reason besides being a newbie fag

Wtf are going off about newbie basher, i mentioned them 3rd post in of this thread.

And to piss you off more you silly bastard, im going to say, " I DON'T LIKE DIMEBAG OR PANTERA AT ALL AHHHHHHHHHH" :devil:

Big Nick played for Testament when i seen them a few months ago... it was mental.

Wtf are going off about newbie basher, i mentioned them 3rd post in of this thread.

And to piss you off more you silly bastard, im going to say, " I DON'T LIKE DIMEBAG OR PANTERA AT ALL AHHHHHHHHHH" :devil:

Big Nick played for Testament when i seen them a few months ago... it was mental.
Well since you're a troll...
There is a homoerotic troll scene with dani filth in willow2 that you can star in. The are looking for a "power bottom". Perfect position for you.

WOAH, you know what? I just checked out Dimmu's new song, The Serpentine Offering, off the new album and well...it's damn good! A HUGE step forward from the material on DCA. Lets hope the rest of it is as good.

The funny thing is, though, that the BEST parts of the new stuff are usually the clean parts with SIMEN on vocals. He's fucking amazing!

Because i pointed out your cursing on COF was actually for me to be blamed on, and because i spoke the truth about my oppinion on Pantera, then yes i have to admit it is obvious i am a TROLL

:danceboy: :hotjump: :Smokedev: :tickled: :danceboy:

yeah, and i'll see Testament in the end of the next month... they'll play musics from 'the gathering' record, and louie clemente isn't ready to do it

Yeah they played heaps of good shit from the gathering, but i was at a shit venue and could hardly see Nick.
John Tempesta played on Live In London, because Clemente was too unfit to do a whole set, and he was great.

Nicks style is light years faster then Testaments drumming so i dunno why hes there, apparently he got asked to drum for them and it has always been a dream for him so he said yes. And he will be playing for the new album (TESTAMENT WITH NON-STOP BLASTBEATS o_O ). But at the same time he's supposed to be in BENEDICTION. Bwah he can do what he wants... it's just a bit odd

CANT WAIT TO SEE VORTEX WITH ARCTURUS TOMORROW YESSSSS!:headbang: :kickass: :worship:

:lol: i will probably see all of dimmus members without ever seeing dimmu at the rate im going.

Well I personally don't hate them, but I never listen to them because I think they're severely overrated and know there's far better out there so why dwell on them?

Actually I think that's how a lot of us feel here.

I noticed all over Ultimate Metal forums that Dimmu is pretty unpopular around here. Why is that? Is it because they're not legit black metal or what? What gives?

And I'm asking this while listening to Enthrone Darkness Triuphant album. I think the music they do is not so bad. Well...
Anybody?

Listen to Burzum. Then listen to Dimmu. One is black metal the other is.....

which one is it?

For all Tid and Stormblast are old school favorites of mine. Nostalgic. Enthrone Darkness Triumphant is ok. I prefer my cheesy symphonic metal in the form of Bal-Sagoth, which is excellent stuff.

Covenant (The Kovenant) - Nexus Polaris is a very good cd. The Kovenant is basically Dimmu with Hellhammer. Only the first two cds are good. Anything past that is very bad.

Covenant - Nexus Polaris is ok, not that great. It's kind of boring, as all the songs sound the same. Their best is definitely Animatronic. SETI was ok, but kind of too Manson-esque. The first album was straight up generica.

As for my opinions on Dimmu Borgir, I think For All Tid is ok, Stormbast is pretty good, The Devil's Path is really sweet, Enthrone Darkness Triumphant is awesome, Godless Savage Garden is hit or miss, Spiritual Black Dimensions is fairly good (some really good moments like The Insight and the Catharsis), and everything after is boring and overproduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.