Why is Dimmu Borgir disliked in Ultimate Metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hate the fact that everyone including teenagers like to believe that dimmu borgir is black metal when in fact they are a poor excuse for music that doesnt compare to real black metal created by the founders, listen to sons of northern darkness and tell me dimmu borgir doesnt suck

I'll do you one better, and tell you that you are a dumbass.

I'll do you one better, and tell you that you are a dumbass.

good argument, more of a reason to make yourself and anyone else a fan of this shitty band look more retarded :lol:
whats next? your going to tell me the colts are the best metal football team to ever exist?

i dont understand why someone on a metal forum would have a football logo as an avatar and a signature referring to a band that wasnt even metal

it's a piece of shit record from Demo Hamburger

very symphonic for my taste

Your attempt to slam them for their name is pathetic and fails on every level. 100 bucks says you don't even know what their name means, once you go look it up and stop acting like an ass, you'll sit there and say "Man, I'm an idiot! That's a cool name!" And I'll sit here and laugh at you, and rightfully so.

Very symphonic for your tastes? Wtf does that mean? Are they too symphonic or not symphonic enough? The real kicker here is the fact that they are a SYMPHONIC BAND! duuur

asinine comments? please be more of a hypocrite child

I guess the whole point of my argument flew over your head, not surprising. You are angry that ignorant kids are comparing or claiming that DB are black metal. Ok...why? We already know they are naive on the subject. But then you decided to compare DB to actual black metal bands. When in fact they aren't black metal. Why? Everyone knows they aren't, so why compare it to a form of music that they aren't. It's retarded, just like you.

I guess the whole point of my argument flew over your head, not surprising. You are angry that ignorant kids are comparing or claiming that DB are black metal. Ok...why? We already know they are naive on the subject. But then you decided to compare DB to actual black metal bands. When in fact they aren't black metal. Why? Everyone knows they aren't, so why compare it to a form of music that they aren't. It's retarded, just like you.

once again your being a complete hypocrite ("It's retarded,just like you.") when you say i post asinine comments

you know what i changed my mind i couldnt fucking care less what subgenre or category you put them in they give a bad name to metal
now please go fuck off to a rolling stones / football forum because i hope you know more about those 2 subjects than you do metal

Your attempt to slam them for their name is pathetic and fails on every level. 100 bucks says you don't even know what their name means, once you go look it up and stop acting like an ass, you'll sit there and say "Man, I'm an idiot! That's a cool name!" And I'll sit here and laugh at you, and rightfully so.

Very symphonic for your tastes? Wtf does that mean? Are they too symphonic or not symphonic enough? The real kicker here is the fact that they are a SYMPHONIC BAND! duuur

Dimmu Borgir = Dark Castle

dude, when i said they were very symphonic in that album, i wanted to say that the metal in their composition was in the second plane

don't be nervous my child

:lol: :lol: :lol:

once again your being a complete hypocrite ("It's retarded,just like you.") when you say i post asinine comments

you know what i changed my mind i couldnt fucking care less what subgenre or category you put them in they give a bad name to metal
now please go fuck off to a rolling stones / football forum because i hope you know more about those 2 subjects than you do metal

haha wtf?

You just gave up on the argument, and are insulting my knowledge of metal? Please, just leave now.

You are retarded, how is that asinine? You are having an extremely hard time refuting this and backing up your stupid insult on a band that isn't what you are comparing it to. hahahaha

Dimmu Borgir = Dark Castle

dude, when i said they were very symphonic in that album, i wanted to say that the metal in their composition was in the second plane

don't be nervous my child

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Metal-archives has a better definition of the name as compared to wikipedia, which is probably where you got that from. And metal-archives is down, just look it up when it's back up. Besides, even if it did just mean "Dark Castle" that's still better than most metal band names.

haha wtf?

You just gave up on the argument, and are insulting my knowledge of metal? Please, just leave now.

You are retarded, how is that asinine? You are having an extremely hard time refuting this and backing up your stupid insult on a band that isn't what you are comparing it to. hahahaha

your calling other people retarded, therefore making you look like an asshole, therefore you are making asinine comments

how did i drop my argument? they fucking suck! horrid vocals, weak drumming, hardly any guitar orientation from the songs ive heard, now lets throw a symphony in the background! this band is a fucking joke and if their not black metal then why do they wear corpsepaint? im sorry i just dont grasp the point of this band or why they exist

Metal-archives has a better definition of the name as compared to wikipedia, which is probably where you got that from. And metal-archives is down, just look it up when it's back up. Besides, even if it did just mean "Dark Castle" that's still better than most metal band names.

man, i don't wanna know about the real meaning of the name, cuz Demo Hamburger (Dimmu borgir) is a band like any other, and my opinion is:

D.C.A is a piece of shit

Christ, can you guys at least keep the fighting in one thread?

Anyway, I enjoy Dimmu Borgir, all of their works. Of course they are not black metal, it takes a pretty thick skull to say they are. I enjoy them as a sort of "extreme metal" band, a sort of band with no classification. They are not black metal, but I don't know what else to call them.

So yeah, they are not a bad band as long as you don't consider them black metal. I barely ever listen to them, though. For Dimmu fans who aren't really into the raw black metal thing, check out Vesania-God The Lux.

Status
Not open for further replies.