Why is Dimmu Borgir disliked in Ultimate Metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
your calling other people retarded, therefore making you look like an asshole, therefore you are making asinine comments

how did i drop my argument? they fucking suck! horrid vocals, weak drumming, hardly any guitar orientation from the songs ive heard, now lets throw a symphony in the background! this band is a fucking joke and if their not black metal then why do they wear corpsepaint? im sorry i just dont grasp the point of this band or why they exist

From the songs you've heard? As you've never heard a whole album?! Which songs... from DCA? I'd have to agree with you there. But the tracks on the original Stormblast, EDT and SBD are great shit. They wear corpsepaint because they started out as a black metal group and they simply chose to keep the visual aspects of their early style with them even though their music has changed.

From the songs you've heard? As you've never heard a whole album?! Which songs... from DCA? I'd have to agree with you there. But the tracks on the original Stormblast, EDT and SBD are great shit. They wear corpsepaint because they started out as a black metal group and they simply chose to keep the visual aspects of their early style with them even though their music has changed.

+1 .. psst mozart!! :kickass:

I actually heard some DB on the radio today and it wasn't bad. Still not really my style, though.

Precisely... I think it's fine if people don't like it or think they are overrated... whatever. But to say that they are complete and utter shit and have never done anything good? Ridiculous.

Christ, can you guys at least keep the fighting in one thread?

Anyway, I enjoy Dimmu Borgir, all of their works. Of course they are not black metal, it takes a pretty thick skull to say they are. I enjoy them as a sort of "extreme metal" band, a sort of band with no classification. They are not black metal, but I don't know what else to call them.

So yeah, they are not a bad band as long as you don't consider them black metal. I barely ever listen to them, though. For Dimmu fans who aren't really into the raw black metal thing, check out Vesania-God The Lux.

Exactly what i been saying.. don't think of them as a BM band... just a metal band or extreme metal band and you might enjoy them more.. and don't hate them for the sake of hating them because everyone else does and that seems to be in vogue... if you like their music then just admit it.. don't be a wuss... no one is going to care if you like them.. like what you like...

It was worth my money.

Good for you. I just can't support bullshit like this (FYI, this interview occurred before the "re-recording" of Stormblast):

Some people are still hoping Dimmu Borgir will release an album in the style of Stormblast again. Yet I don't think this will happen. Am I correct?
I can tell you a secret. It's not officially yet but we're not gonna make a new Stormblast album. But it might have to be re-recorded. Because if we don't re-record it all the money of the album will go to our old label. Obviously we don't want to re-record it but we don't want other people to get the money either, so it's a very delicate situation. So we'll see what we will do, but at the moment we don't have the time for it. It will not to happen in the first few months. We will keep the re-recordings as close to the original as possible, so without triggers etc…

$tormbla$t indeed.

Good for you. I just can't support bullshit like this (FYI, this interview occurred before the "re-recording" of Stormblast):

Some people are still hoping Dimmu Borgir will release an album in the style of Stormblast again. Yet I don't think this will happen. Am I correct?
I can tell you a secret. It's not officially yet but we're not gonna make a new Stormblast album. But it might have to be re-recorded. Because if we don't re-record it all the money of the album will go to our old label. Obviously we don't want to re-record it but we don't want other people to get the money either, so it's a very delicate situation. So we'll see what we will do, but at the moment we don't have the time for it. It will not to happen in the first few months. We will keep the re-recordings as close to the original as possible, so without triggers etc…

$tormbla$t indeed.

And? Why shouldn't they make more money?! What's wrong with that? Good for them.

I don't know which one is my favorite piece by him... but Requiem is cool... too bad he died before completing it...

Yeah I don't know which is my fav either... Don Giovanni; Piano Concerto 20; Flute & Harp Concerto; Reqieum; Mass in C minor; etc. all amazing. Too hard to choose.

where's whats her name who says a band or label should only break even and make no money ... and work instead saying the rest of their lives to people : would you like fries with that order? lol ... anyways i see nothing bad with not letting the label get all the money... obviously DB got screwed in royalties from the first StormBlast... bands usually make bad deals with their first label they sign on with...

Yeah I don't know which is my fav either... Don Giovanni; Piano Concerto 20; Flute & Harp Concerto; Reqieum; Mass in C minor; etc. all amazing. Too hard to choose.

I think I'll listen to some mozart this weekend and pick one... what else classical wise you like? ... Mozart has always been my favorite since i saw the movie Amadeus back in the 80s....

Adagio from Piano Concerto 23 owns you bitch.

Everytime you guys mention classical music or anything I'm reminded of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure where they call Socrates So-Crates and pick up Beethoven and he plays the mehtullz keyboards in the megamall. That and Genghis Kahn gets arrested for beating a mannequin with a baseball bat.

Everytime you guys mention classical music or anything I'm reminded of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure where they call Socrates So-Crates and pick up Beethoven and he plays the mehtullz keyboards in the megamall. That and Genghis Kahn gets arrested for beating a mannequin with a baseball bat.

the iron maiden part is the best part of that whole movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.