Worst Anathema songs

I agree with the above, except for Alternative 4, but that's just my personal opinion... And the best songs? Well, I especially like: Lovelorn Rhapsody, Sleepless, Everwake, We, the Gods, Kingdom, Restless Oblivion, Shroud of Frost, Silent Enigma, A Dying Wish, Angelica, Fragile Dreams, Regret (play it live!!), Deep, One Last Goodbye, Judgement, Panic, A Fine Day to Exit, Temporary Peace. So, that's it :D You asked for it!

i myself don't like 'anyone, anywhere' [these cheesy lyrics..ugh...and this ending....ugh ugh], 'don't look too far' [what's that chorus??], 'wings of god' [it always reminds me James Bond's theme] at all. i don't feel comfortable with 'a dying wish', i like the main riff, but not the verse. but then again it's just me.

peace,
mehdi [who's preparing for the hairy chest competition which will take place at the graspop]

Originally posted by Oxiplegatz
Dreaming is at least genius. Other standarts, you know... ;)
yeah, it was released on a CD. cool. it must be music then. ;)

y'know, some late beautiful evening try to come out to your balcony and just filter all the thoughts out of your head, enjoy the colours of the sky and listen to the distant sounds of the city which is about to fall asleep... much more beauty and music in that, a more fulfilled mood... real music should not be passive like "D: t R", music is unique and is not for "inducing states" which can be induced by bad food or by being dumped by a girlfriend! :)

Originally posted by pagan2002
its not a pink floyd song and you obviously dont understand the lyrics...not everyone does.
Strange, I'm certain I've read in several places that that was by Floyd :err: Oh well, no biggie :D Who wrote it is really irrelevant, I still don't like it :D
And the meaning of the lyrics is irrelevant- I don't like the music of the song (how many songs do you like, based solely on the lyrics, with no regard for the music?). It could be about butterflys and I still wouldn't like it :lol:

Originally posted by D Mullholand

yeah, it was released on a CD. cool. it must be music then. ;)

y'know, some late beautiful evening try to come out to your balcony and just filter all the thoughts out of your head, enjoy the colours of the sky and listen to the distant sounds of the city which is about to fall asleep... much more beauty and music in that, a more fulfilled mood... real music should not be passive like "D: t R", music is unique and is not for "inducing states" which can be induced by bad food or by being dumped by a girlfriend! :)

music can be passive if you want it to be... i like dreaming.
ok, it cycles 5 times so ended up 20 minutes long, but i made a compilation cd of various stuff, and put 5 minutes of dreaming at the end and i think its nice, and so does john douglas.. so there!
real music can be almost anything....i think the above statement is confusing.

in response to lobo...it really depends what u define 'dark' as being, the silent enigma is definately a dark album from every aspect of it, but eternity and a4 always, i think have a meloncolic dark feeling to it thats generally formulated by the lyrics..the words make it dark according to what i define it as.oe.

Originally posted by pagan2002
music can be passive if you want it to be... i like dreaming.
ok, it cycles 5 times so ended up 20 minutes long, but i made a compilation cd of various stuff, and put 5 minutes of dreaming at the end and i think its nice, and so does john douglas.. so there!
real music can be almost anything....i think the above statement is confusing.
yes, but i like when even the most spacious music has enough balance and intricacy to guarantee the listener's attention throughout the whole piece... "dreaming: t. r." for me seems to be about "spacing out" or something. i think you did the "relaxed end-of-album" thing a lot better with "2000 & gone".

you're right about the "confusing" part, there were reasons for that. :loco:

Maybe we just have different views about what we define as dark. I mean, when I listen to At the Gates, In the Woods or Katatonia I get this suffocating feeling that almost knocks me down. Not with Anathema though, that’s not bad either, they are a very autonomous and melancholic band, they help me start thinking (even more than usual) and achieve a serene state of mind, almost as in dreams. (Of course The Silent Enigma is not like that at all). They may not be a dark band (for me) but I need some bright bands so…

Originally posted by Diabolicum
ME!!!! I think I already have something like 5 hairs or so on my chest!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

it'll take you more to beat me. and there'll be some people at that gross pope festival who are really willing to have revenge cause i've already beaten them in the past hehe

peace,
mehdi

Originally posted by mehdi.i.e.e.e

it'll take you more to beat me. and there'll be some people at that gross pope festival who are really willing to have revenge cause i've already beaten them in the past hehe

"Some people".. aha :rolleyes:

Mehdi do me a favor please... PUT THAT PIC AWAY!!!!! :ill: :loco: :D :lol:

Eos - the bold-chest-lover:D

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom
I don't like it, is what's wrong with it :D :p :lol:
fair enough, but how many songs have you ever written?
i probably wouldnt like them either...
i honestly think roy harper is a more talented songwriter than anyone in my dying bride (no disrespect intended!)