Worst Anathema songs

Originally posted by Sopel
there is no song... just a delusion of silence...
If I'll have to say that there is something like "Anathema's worst song" , It'll have to be one of the acoustic/instrumental songs. Dreaming: the Romance has it's own qualities and is a perfect song of relaxation. :zzz: It becomes a little boring compared to other song though. But I don't think that the intention about it was to write "another Anathema-song". Maybe they felt that the album wasn't long enough and filled out the remaining time with it... :)

The only songs I can think of that feels "less good" are 2000 & gone and Transacoustic.... And in a way Hope to, but since the song isn't Anathema's I don't think it really counts....

btw, check out my music, somewhat inspired by Anathema... ;)
Gates of Dawn

Yup, Transacoustic is absolutely brilliant... 2000 & Gone is pretty weak, though.

Originally posted by Don Corleone
YEAH HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT ABOUT HALLOWED LAND? think before you speak.

and 2000&gone is an amazing track.

Excuse me?... :confused: I never said anything about the song Hallowed Land! What I said was this: - "I noticed that you listened to PARADISE :puke: LOST, and yes THEY are... too bad really, THEY were good once."
What I meant by that is simply as follows:
I don't like what PARADISE LOST has become
After Gothic they started to sound ugly... Nick Holmes trying to sing like James Hetfield... :lol:

READ before you speak! ;)

even then the second riff is good, today i would just take that bit and approach it totally differently, with out superman style nonsense.

Originally posted by pagan2002
i think the worst ever anathema song is ascension

:confused:

Ok, it's not my favourite but, shite? I think that the song could've sound better if you approach it from a different way (the first riff too, perhaps without the piano-ending). I like that first riff, anyway. But maybe it's boring to play it over and over again.