Worst Anathema songs:

Dreaming: The Romance
Pressure
Looking Outside Inside
Underworld
Panic
Cries On The Wind

Originally posted by mehdi.i.e.e.e
i myself don't like 'anyone, anywhere' [these cheesy lyrics..ugh...and this ending....ugh ugh],
I agree...
'don't look too far' [what's that chorus??],
I like the song initially, but indeed, that chorus...
'wings of god' [it always reminds me James Bond's theme] at all.
I agree (about not liking it, never made the JB comparison :))...
i don't feel comfortable with 'a dying wish', i like the main riff, but not the verse. but then again it's just me.
Not at all my fave either...

Originally posted by pagan2002
fair enough, but how many songs have you ever written?
i probably wouldnt like them either...
Umm, what? I'm sorry man, I love your music, but that's an utterly pathetic attitude. So someone that hasn't written music should not have an opinion on music? What? Since when? Jesus, we're talking about personal taste here, just because I disagree about ONE song, suddenly you pull this out. Your statement is not a vaild defence for liking a song.

And for the record, I've been writing music since I was 6 (I'm 24 now), so I guess that completely destroys your argument there.

i honestly think roy harper is a more talented songwriter than anyone in my dying bride (no disrespect intended!)
Which I may well agree with you about. I don't believe I've ever said MDB are the BEST band/songwriters out there. They happen to be my FAVOURITE band, but that's it. I'm intelligent enough to know the difference. I mean, there are many metal bands I would place infront of MDB in terms of compositional (is that a word?) ability (Ulver and Arcturus, for a couple of examples), not to mention every other genre of music (I'm an ex-classical musician, so my exposure is rather broad). MDB are my favourite because their music connects with me on some level that many other bands don't. Getting back to the Roy Harper thing, the only song of his I've ever heard is Hope, and that's with your band performing it, so he is an unknown entity to me, it's impossible for me to have an opinion on him as a song writer. And infact, that's not what I was doing. The question was "what songs don't you like", I said Hope. I didn't say "Hope, because Roy Harper is shit and MDB are better" (I did say I didn't like Pink Floyd, but I didn't say they were shit, or bad song writers (infact I believe the opposite to be true), I said I didn't like them. Note the difference).
One last thing, there are several songs by MDB that I don't like and generally skip (usually one or two per album), but that doesn't mean I'd condemn the rest of their music, any more than I would any other musician.

keep your fucking hair on Y.D.G> i did say no disrespect intended.
my attitude is not pathetic. i take back what i said cos you didnt say it was shit just you never liked it.
NO DISREPECT INTENDED OK?
i aint gonna post too much in here anymore people keep going on and on and on...

you fuckheads!!!:lol: :mad: :D
(joke, ok?)

then again alot of people who write music have shitty taste. i am one of those who thinks kurt cobain was a much better guitarist than yngwie malmsteen.

then again alot of people who write music have shitty taste. i am one of those who thinks kurt cobain was a much better guitarist than yngwie malmsteen.

i agree there, cobain was hell of a songwritter. but malmsteem is very fucking skilled for what comes to shredding. but the fact is that i hate shredding hehe

[then again it's just subjective tastes, please don't yell at me about malmsteem being a genius etc]

peace,
mehdi

NO DISREPECT INTENDED OK?
Hey, I have no problem with you at all :) It's just that I've heard that type of comment too many times from musicians, I've done it myself, and it's something that bothers me (as you gathered... ;)). It's like that joke, "how many guitarists does it take to change a light bulb?"
"100. 1 to change it, 99 to say they could have done it better"
Although that's a joke, it's 100% true (and the guitar could be substituted for any instrument, it would still be true) :D Just a stereotype I try to discourage.
I took the 'no disrespect' thing to refer to the MDB comment, not the rest of it, so possibly (in all likelyhood, in fact :D ) I didn't take it how you intended. Oh well, that's life..... :) No hard feeling on my part.

Look, I'll make you a deal. You keep posting, and I won't go off the deep end again, huh? :p This forum is much better with your involvement.

And Yngwie is god!!!!! :headbang: :lol: :lol: :D :p