Worst Anathema songs

Originally posted by Dawngod

:) Good for you...

Noticed that you listened to Paradise :puke: Lost, and yes they are... Too bad really, they used to be good once...

Yes. It was making me :puke: when I saw them in Hungary. I saw a concert from the Icon tour earlier on some video and I though it would be like that.
But it wasn't. They all had a haircut and they all wore leather pants. But well it's their business what they are doing.. I don't care anymore
The concert was good though. But something was missing.. It was in 1998.

But this thread is about the worst Anathema songs. Though I haven't got much to say ;)

Originally posted by Mariner

:confused:

Ok, it's not my favourite but, shite? I think that the song could've sound better if you approach it from a different way (the first riff too, perhaps without the piano-ending). I like that first riff, anyway. But maybe it's boring to play it over and over again.

The 'piano ending' was the best part :D

What do you think about 'Cries on the Wind' ? First when I listened to it the cold was runing up and down on my back because it is like Vinny's singing right into my ear :) It's a strange song but still I wouldn't say it's the worst song. It's a heavy word for an Anathema song ;)
When I find one I'm gonna tell you.

Excuse me?... :confused: I never said anything about the song Hallowed Land! What I said was this: - "I noticed that you listened to PARADISE :puke: LOST, and yes THEY are... too bad really, THEY were good once."
What I meant by that is simply as follows:
I don't like what PARADISE LOST has become
After Gothic they started to sound ugly... Nick Holmes trying to sing like James Hetfield... :lol:

READ before you speak! ;)

hallowed land is on draconian times which was released after gothic, you dumbass.
:lol: :lol:

anyways, i like PL' new direction, too.

I agree with you! Useless thread really... But still, some people keep upsetting each other.... ;) And it's quite funny to be "a part of it". :heh:

oh dont give me that bullshit, please. you talk shit about paradise lost and did you think i'd let you get away with that?

Originally posted by Don Corleone

hallowed land is on draconian times which was released after gothic, you dumbass.
:lol: :lol:

anyways, i like PL' new direction, too.

Yes, Smartass :worship: ...I can see that you still have to learn how to read. I Never mentioned the song Hallowed Land or ANY other songs... I just stated my opinion on what I think of Paradise Lost. That they are, IN MY OPINION, far from good nowadays. They used to be one of my favourites though, but after Gothic they changed direction, and Nick Holmes, who used to have a good voice, started to sound like some poor James Hetfield Rip-off...
Too difficult to understand? :lol:

Originally posted by Don Corleone

oh dont give me that bullshit, please. you talk shit about paradise lost and did you think i'd let you get away with that?

The only one here giving bullshit is you :wave:
And what if I talk shit about Paradise Lost? Am I not entitled to an opinion?
What are you gonna do about it, send the maffia? ;)

Originally posted by Ghostie

The 'piano ending' was the best part :D

I'm not saying I don't like the pianopart, but it's more the end of the record then it is the end of ascension. (that's how I see it)

no im gonna respond, just like i did. :rolleyes:

you said paradise lost wasnt good after gothic but then you were listening to hallowed land...oh, never mind. whatever.

Not a single bad anathema tune.. Just don't like the Crestfallen EP these days a lot.. Find it too raw I guess.. Still it shows the great potential of the band..

My opinion about some stuff ppl is mad at:

"Ascension" is cool, even the piano part, I dunno if that part is the ending of the track or the ending of the whole record.... but I use to believe my Hi-Fi's display:D Danny has no idea :p

"Cries on The Wind" is one of the best Anathema songs and kicks some arses.

"Alternative 4".... well... some of you are true.

"Hope" is cool, although once a guy asked to me if I was listening to the new Sesame Street soundtrack or something
:lol:

hey dawngod
shut up

Originally posted by pagan2002
believe me it is shite!!!

ok, the opening theme MIGHT be sort of cheesy.....but the piano theme with the feedback fading out is just AWESOME!
And the opening theme is just a minute long, so it is worth waiting....tilll the best ending for Anathema album, ascension....

And about 2000&Gone, it is funny that I myself played the main theme on my acoustic guitar once, BEFORE I ever heard the track!
Honestly! I just played some A's and E's and E7's and the feeling was just like the song....soft, mellowing, great.:cool:

As for the 'worst anathema song', I dunno.....I hated Panic, Nocturnal Mission, Feel, Sweet Tears, nearly whole Crestfallen.....but only on the 1st listen....

Horses might be the worst, it ruines the Resonance. :bah: