Worst Guitar solo ever heard?

Tubbs Mcgee said:
The Smell Like Teen Spirit solo sucks very bad.
No it doesn't.

Just because it's not creative doesn't mean it sounds bad.

I have a lot of respect for The Mars Volta, but Omar clearly thinks he's a better guitarist than he actually is. Frances the Mute hade some horrible solos, as did his solo album. He just tries to play fast and "cool" but fails. :(

nirvana solos suck bad in general...kurt cobain sucks as a guitarist..i dont care what anyone says...and none of that #1 Band Ever bull shit either...and theres no way in hell he should be within the top 100 guitarists

Led Opeth said:
nirvana solos suck bad in general...kurt cobain sucks as a guitarist..i dont care what anyone says...and none of that #1 Band Ever bull shit either...and theres no way in hell he should be within the top 100 guitarists
+50.

There is simply no way anyone can justify any of it. He was very influential, but that doesn't change the fact that he sucked.

Tubbs Mcgee said:
:lol:

Yes it does.
Actually

You are wrong.

The only way you can defend that statement is by saying that ridiculously technical, fast, but unlistenable guitar playing is better than a simple but good song.

And edit: Yeah Cobain was nothing special as a guitarist but he was a fine songwriter, if not the most creative. Don't hate on him excessively just because it's the cool thing to do.

Jude said:
Actually

You are wrong.

The only way you can defend that statement is by saying that ridiculously technical, fast, but unlistenable guitar playing is better than a simple but good song.

And edit: Yeah Cobain was nothing special as a guitarist but he was a fine songwriter, if not the most creative. Don't hate on him excessively just because it's the cool thing to do.
Thanks for lettimg me be entitled to my opinion. :)

Apparantly you think you are always right, therefore that makes you an elitist.

Nirvana is a poor band with poor solos, and I would take wanking over that simple garbage anyday.

i agree in general, but i still think he was a below average guitarist, and average songwriter at best. and people on this board should know by now i'm hardly ever in step with what the cool thing to do is :)

simple but good > fast but shite

wank is equally boring as a 3 powerchord album. neither one has sonic depth or range of expressive emotion.

Kenneth R. said:
i agree in general, but i still think he was a below average guitarist, and average songwriter at best. and people on this board should know by now i'm hardly ever in step with what the cool thing to do is :)

simple but good > fast but shite

wank is equally boring as a 3 powerchord album. neither one has sonic depth or range of expressive emotion.
I'm disagreeing with you again.

I say simple but good = fast but shite.

I don't listen to fast "Shite" though, I listen to good "Shite".

Simple stuff is too boring for my big brain.

(Insert IQ joke here if you want to.)

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Thanks for lettimg me be entitled to my opinion. :)

Apparantly you think you are always right, therefore that makes you an elitist.

Nirvana is a poor band with poor solos, and I would take wanking over that simple garbage anyday.
Wank and poor solos are equally bad, but I wouldn't call Nirvana's solos unlistenable, whereas when people say wank they usually mean technical to the point of being unlistenable...

Both are fairly boring but I would rather listen to Nirvana any day.