Worst Guitar solo ever heard?

I was watching MTV randomly and they were airing a making-of of some Sum 41 video and they actually invited Kerry King to come play a solo in their song. That just made me laugh. Paying a drunk homeless man a bottle of vodka to come play a solo on your album would result in something better than Kerry King could churn out in a hundred years.

I honestly am always confused by just how much praise Slayer gets. They are one of those bands that I just don't "get".

why couldnt he do the solo himself it couldnt have been that hard, its sum41

maby they put subliminal messages in the music .........raaaaaaaaawwwwww blllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhslayerisagoodbandpleaselistentousrrrrrraaawwwww blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh blaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

kirk hammet - hit the lights...

its good to just sit there and headbang to, but after about 2 minutes, your like....is he still soloing? just going through the same scales at teh same speed over and over..lol

kirk hammet- harvester of sorrow....james does some cool rhythm and your expecting a badass solo, and then he pulls out that weak shit

this isn't the worst guitar solo, but as i was surfing today, i was listening to my stereo and the fear factory song , "a new promise", came on. to my recollection, it's the only ff song with a solo, it's nothing special, but it's definitely something different for them. btw, the fred durst thing was absolutely horrid! i think i could do better with a day's worth of guitar lessons.

Slayer solos are shit but still sound cool. Slayer actually do have a few solos you can tell the band tried alittle harder on.

Omg, that Fred Durst thing was terrible. I can't believe the morons that were cheering afterwards. It was embarassing to watch o_O

martyrs_price said:
Yeah I get a kick out of bands that try to label random sounds and stuff solos.The rule of thumb is... If a band doesn't solo, it usually maeans they can't.
Or they think having a solo on every single song is played out and uncreative, and use them sparingly (Porcupine Tree)

The solo in "Out of the Silent Planet" by Maiden

not really that bad of a solo but there are a lot of breaks and it goes by pretty slow, kind of ruins it.

awesome song though.

teh freebird solo obliterates everything already mentioned. how could it possibly?

if that's the worst solo you ever heard, you must be listening to some damn fine music.