Worst Opeth Song Moment

After Wreath and Deliverance it needs to be there. Ever heard of making album sound like album.. not just group of songs?

Awe, also don't like main riff of "The Drapery Falls", especially in the end of the song. It's not too good idea to repeat it so much times.

Completely can't find something interesting in "Patterns in the Ivy" and "For Absent Friends". "Patterns in the Ivy II" and "Still Day Beneath the Sun" are also bad.

lol?

Forest Of October is one of my favourite Opeth songs.
BUT: I can't stand 6.30-7.53!!! This section really hurts in the ear. There is this very awesome solo, which is one of the best metal solos I've heard so far, and then.... :zombie:
Moreover, I think some parts of the song should have been played with acoustic guitars, e.g. the intro.
GREAT SONG, though!

Ok, like other people have said, I'm not slagging off Opeth here, the only reason I can pick moments that piss me off is because on the whole I love Opeth.

I'll avoid going into detail, but generally the whole of Orchid and Morningrise don't do it for me. They have their moments, but as other people have said, they're just a load of separate ideas stitched together. Sometimes not even stitched, just sat next to each other, especially on Orchid I just find it almost impossible to tell one song from another. Especially Black Rose Immortal. I even heard that Mikael said that they played BRI live once when they were relatively unknown and people kept clapping after each section because they thought they were playing several shorter songs rather than one long one. Says it all really.

'By the turnstile beckons a damsel fair' made me laugh at first but I don't mind it now.

Dirge For November I don't like one bit, to the point where I forget it's even on the album. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

The 'plunging into the deepest void' bit that suddenly comes in on Master's Apprentices also made me laugh at first. I don't mind it so much now but it is kind of cheesy.

I think most of my most-disliked parts are on Ghost Reveries in fact:

- The opening riff of Beneath The Mire is just horribly tacky faux-eastern rubbish.
- The 'Reverie' intro the Harlequin Forest is just annoying.
- 'They are the trees'
- The way both those songs just peter out really pisses me off.

I haven't heard Watershed yet so can't comment on that.

The vocals on "By the Pain I see in Others."
Specifically 1:45-2:00ish and 2:20-2:37.
The filter on the growls sounds terrible.
The rest of the song is great though.

Fuck. I like everything they do. I guess nothing is annoying enough to make me stop listening to it. Deliverance's end is just great, even if it's "long". Anyway, if you aren't patient, just skip it, there's nothing after. Same for many other songs. Overally, there's no reason to search for shits. And please (I've seen someone talk about that), don't make comparisons with other bands to explain why something sucks.

Opeth moments that make me cringe?

- The transition into the last chorus of Porcelain Heart :puke: Shit I think Mike was like "Oh my how should I end this one....Meh I'll just slap the chorus on again at the end out of nowhere and people will think it's artistic"

- End of Bleak. I get what he was going for just totally makes me gag. Already discussed.

- Keys around 3:40 on Baying of the Hounds. It's like fucking elevator music! I have always hated the key sections in Opeth's new sound, but FUCK man that part is just taking it too far.

Other than that it's all good and gravy and sexy. Until we are allowed to talk about Watershed of course. Then there will be some other moments (songs) that might probably make me cringe had i heard them before...

Ok, like other people have said, I'm not slagging off Opeth here, the only reason I can pick moments that piss me off is because on the whole I love Opeth.

I'll avoid going into detail, but generally the whole of Orchid and Morningrise don't do it for me. They have their moments, but as other people have said, they're just a load of separate ideas stitched together. Sometimes not even stitched, just sat next to each other, especially on Orchid I just find it almost impossible to tell one song from another. Especially Black Rose Immortal. I even heard that Mikael said that they played BRI live once when they were relatively unknown and people kept clapping after each section because they thought they were playing several shorter songs rather than one long one. Says it all really.
that's the whole point. the transitioning in black rose immortal is top shit, not one band i've heard can make such transitions in a single song like that. and yes it does work.
'By the turnstile beckons a damsel fair' made me laugh at first but I don't mind it now.
face of melinda is win.
Dirge For November I don't like one bit, to the point where I forget it's even on the album. Glad to see I'm not the only one.
obviously this is my opinion, but holy fuck this song is amazing. from the insane acoustic intro of amazing complexity to the tempo sound changes//riffs that flow into the song, break off and start again to me is musical genious. This is the most underrated song by Opeth. Bar none.
The 'plunging into the deepest void' bit that suddenly comes in on Master's Apprentices also made me laugh at first. I don't mind it so much now but it is kind of cheesy.
say that to a band like linkin park. doesn't sound so cheesy now does it?

I think most of my most-disliked parts are on Ghost Reveries in fact:

- The opening riff of Beneath The Mire is just horribly tacky faux-eastern rubbish.
- The 'Reverie' intro the Harlequin Forest is just annoying.
- 'They are the trees'
- The way both those songs just peter out really pisses me off.

I haven't heard Watershed yet so can't comment on that.[/QUOTE]

sorry too drunk to finish, but yeah. ghost reveries is the least cd I listen to, but man beneath the mire and harlequin forest beat out any other song on that cd. give it some time.

Am I the only one who really likes everything about "By the Pain I see in others" while never fully appreciating "Serenity painted Death"?