Worst Opeth Song Moment

Wow..alot of my favorite Opeth parts getting slagged.... lol. Well here are mine.

Benighted- Kinda bland for a solid album. I skip this one alot. Pretty much the only one I do.

By The Pain I See In Others - Not a big fan of the "outside in the park" lines ,or the long outro.

Atonement - Its an okay track ,but sometimes I cant stand it.

Burden - The end downtuning acoustic piece. Its just odd considering the rest of the song.

Hex Omega - Pretty much the whole song.

I don´t get the thing in Under the Weeping Moon starting at 6:00, the double-bass just doesn´t fit in there! Probably Opeth´s clumsiest transition ever from mellow to heavy :erk:

I don´t get the thing in Under the Weeping Moon starting at 6:00, the double-bass just doesn´t fit in there! Probably Opeth´s clumsiest transition ever from mellow to heavy :erk:

That part is the only part I really, really dig in that song lol. "Under.." is by far the weakest link on an otherwise hyperawesome debut album ^^

I've got to agree with Nailed Reaper about the opening of Dirge for November, I've never been sure about his vocals there.

Uh oh, everyone seems to hate Atonement ... 'fraid I've got to beg to differ with you guys on that - I've always liked it ... may not be the most dynamic song but it's good to just sit back and chill to.

Dirge is an amazing song. Mikes vocals in the beginning is called emotion people. He doesnt have a cold...

Whisper and Weep - Yeah, I guess I just need to give it another listen ... it's just never sat right in my ears, but I can see what you mean about the emotion ;)

On another note, I think the transition from the interlude on Under the Weeping Moon at around 6:00 could definately have flowed better. Just my opinion anyway.