"you just don't understand"

Thoth-Amon said:
a few albums I really like:

i see what the problem is. it's not that you're close-minded, you're just terribly generic.

nin?

prince?

with the exception of Nusrat (a Nusrat greatest hits album lawlawl get fucking Shahen-Shah), everything on that list can be purchased from Best Buy for 11.99 on sale.

expand your horizons, d00d.

Teh Grimarse said:
i see what the problem is. it's not that you're close-minded, you're just terribly generic.

nin?

prince?

with the exception of Nusrat (a Nusrat greatest hits album lawlawl get fucking Shahen-Shah), everything on that list can be purchased from Best Buy for 11.99 on sale.

I think it's just an amazing lack of taste.

Teh Grimarse said:

nin?

prince?

Yeah you fucking poser!! Buy some fucking 7 Angels 7 Plagues. FUCK

Teh Grimarse said:

nin?

prince?

Actually I have Shahen-Shah which is great. I also have the 5 cd live in paris box-set. The best vol. 1 is actually quite good as it has several of his best tracks. Generic? So in other words it has to sell less than 100,000 copies to be good? Lame. By the way, the Downward Spiral is an excellent album and Prince cirz 79-87 is excellent funk-pop.

ender7227 said:
Thank you, I got it. Though I doubt that his admitting he's an idiot (no matter if he is or not) would change a damn thing.
That's called flaming, of course it wouldn't change a damn thing.

It's like when people flame and say: "OMFG! Kill yourself"
Don't you think it would be pretty stupid if the other person says: ":erk: OH NOES! I HAVE TO KILL MYSELF! JHONNIE HAND ME THE NOOSE"?

Thoth-Amon said:
Generic? So in other words it has to sell less than 100,000 copies to be good?

i said nothing about being good or not.

rush is great. barry white isn't half bad.

my point is that if you haven't gotten any deeper into music than the shit that you've heard on the radio and VH1 for your whole life, then you are hardly qualified to comment on... well... anything.

you're just generic, like everyone else.

edit: off to work bitches. i shall return.

Teh Grimarse said:
i said nothing about being good or not.

rush is great. barry white isn't half bad.

my point is that if you haven't gotten any deeper into music than the shit that you've heard on the radio and VH1 for your whole life, then you are hardly qualified to comment on... well... anything.

you're just generic, like everyone else.

edit: off to work bitches. i shall return.

Well while it's true that many of those groups I listed I heard on the radio it was only by investigating deeper into their catalogue that I got interested in them. For example I had heard Rush on the radio but frankly was never impressed. It was only when I started buying albums that I became impressed. Secondly numerous artists/groups both listed and unlisted I looked into even though I hadn't heard them, perfect example being Nusrat. In other words what didn't get me into those groups were radio singles but word of mouth as to how good their actual albums were. Another example would be Ravi Shankar. Now how often do you here 30 minute ragas on the radio? Never. Yet in my interest in Indian music I ended up buying 12 of his albums. Or how about fusion? Don't hear alot of old school Al DiMeola or Mahavishnu Orchestra on the radio yet in my interest in the subject I picked those albums up. So in short while some of the music I like is certainly generic (though by no means bad) much of it is not and hence your point has once again been invalidated.
Oh also, in regards to Prince I'm not sure whether you were saying Prince sucks or whether you simply think he's generic but essentially old school Prince is some of the best funk-pop ever. Hell even Miles loved Prince. In fact he had him write some music for him.

well meshuggah is the only band i think ive heard that plays 8 string...and i love their heavy riffs, there not exactly well talented but they definitely dont suck