You laugh, you lose

In Spanish, the j is pronounced like the English h, but usually a little rougher.

Maybe this belongs in the language thread, but I've finally figured that 'jajaja' stuff that Spanish speaking people from all over the world do on the internet. When you pronounce it, it's basically the sound of laughing. It used to irk the shit out of me at first, as my mind kept wandering to the Swedish expression 'ja ja ja', which pretty much means 'yeah, whatever', as in you're not fucking interested. So at first I took offense, but now I know better. :p

Haha. That's a pretty striking disconnect. The ja ja ja in Swedish seems like the English "yeah, yeah, yeah."

:lol: I've used "fucking" as "ummm". I like the guys that just keep dropping f-bombs when then lose their train of thought: "So yeah, I went to the bar and fuckin'... fuckin'... fuckin'... fuck what was that fuckin' bitch's name again?"

Yeah I kind of thought it was exclusively a Marine thing. Using fuck as a filler or substitute for any word. Of course, theres so many Marines from the Midwest.....

316577_10150968895575293_870420292_21548801_2098559803_n.jpg

I thought this was hilarious:

A solitary Chilean flamingo named Pink Floyd wintered at the Great Salt Lake. He escaped from Salt Lake City's Tracy Aviary in 1987 and lived in the wild, eating brine shrimp and socializing with gulls and swans. (Pink Floyd is often referred to as a "he," although the bird's gender is not actually known.) A group of Utah residents suggested petitioning the state to release more flamingos in an effort to keep Floyd company and as a possible tourist attraction. Wildlife biologists resisted these efforts, saying that deliberate introduction of a non-native species would be ecologically unsound and might have detrimental consequences. Pink Floyd was last seen in Idaho (where he was known to migrate) in 2005. He has not been seen since then and is presumed not to have survived the winter of 2005-2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Salt_Lake#Pink_Floyd_the_flamingo

The best part of that show is when the appraiser dude they call in throws out some arbitrary number for the value of the item and then that Rick dude asks the customer how much they want for the item. :lol:

"I know it's old, but it's not in perfect condition. That's why I'm ripping you off."

I saw an episode where someone had an authentic Ottoman dagger used by the police force or something that had marks on it from battle, and the guy got about one hundred bucks for it. That shit's probably worth thousands!