Your Guitars

there is nothing wrong with a gibson....personally, i prefer a beautiful gibson les paul standard over a custom 24 anyday....judging by what i have played anyways....

The Evil Toucan said:
I got a red flametop Jackson SL-3. Fuckin sweet. Play it through a Carvin Legacy half stack. I also have a BBE sonic maximizer, Fulltone Clyde Wah, and a Behringer V-Amp2 for when I wanna be quiet.

what do you think about that bbe? i have heard from so many that a guitarist would be insane to not have one in their setup.

My equipment:

Black B.C. Rich NJ Beast (Eb tuning)
Legend Strat-clone (E tuning)
Legend FX-40WR 60watt amp
Zoom 606 multi-effects pedal
.84 and .90 picks (think it's .90...the writing rubbed off ages ago)
Ernie Ball strings: Hybrid Slinky on Beast; Super Slinky on Legend

When I've got enough money I'm going to get a cabinet and amp head, probably thinking Marshall. I'll try out a Laney stack as well and see which I prefer for tone etc. Any suggestions?

When I do that I'll probably get a separate analogue chorus pedal and maybe a wah, because digital distortion from multi-effects pedals doesn't crank as hard as amp distortion in terms of clarity and 'heavyness' when you play loud.

Why does everyone seem to play Epiphone Les Paul copies and such? I might get an NJ Warlock as well at a later date, but if I do I'm going to see if I can get one of the old ones, not the ones with the Speedloader bridges :Smug:.

Guitars
-Faded Brown Gibson SG
-Kramer Striker
-Fender Strat
-Few accoustics

Amps
-Laney VH100R
-Line 6 Flextone 2 XL

Effects
-just a Pod

guitars
-Jackson dinky reverse (cheap model, but great to play and super heavy in sound)
-Aria Pro II (les paul ripoff, made real well and sounds great)
-Fender Stratocaster (easy to play, good for 70's rock like rush)
-Fender Acoustic (great sound, just wish I could plug it in to record)

Amp
-Peavey Envoy

Effects
Boss Metal Zone (best damn distortion pedal I've ever seen)
zoom processor (don't use it actually that much other than to tune, but good for acoustic passages and solos)

Rejvk said:
Guitars
-Faded Brown Gibson SG
-Kramer Striker
-Fender Strat
-Few accoustics

Amps
-Laney VH100R
-Line 6 Flextone 2 XL

Effects
-just a Pod

do you run the laney and the flextone at the same time? if not, you should try. try mixing distortions. just a recomendation...try running your guitar into your flextone, out the effects loop into your laney. then mix and match distortions....its pretty cool...i recomend using the brit classic channel, with very little gain, (almost clean)...then send it out to your laney and use a little on-board gain...its cool....just an idea...it'd be cool to get your pod in the loop too...

Moonlapse said:
Actually, I'm rather envious of the guy who has the Triple Rectifier. Something tells me it's worth more than my house.

Me?

Yeah, they ain't cheap.
I got my TR head second hand at a place downtown for $450 in MINT condition. Whoever owned it beforehand babied it. Brand new tubes in it, not a fucking scratch on it. Great sound. I had to go without food (practically) for a month, but it was worth it.

Ceaseless Lament said:
Me?

Yeah, they ain't cheap.
I got my TR head second hand at a place downtown for $450 in MINT condition. Whoever owned it beforehand babied it. Brand new tubes in it, not a fucking scratch on it. Great sound. I had to go without food (practically) for a month, but it was worth it.

Wow, USD??? That's a fucking steal!!

JoeVice said:
do you run the laney and the flextone at the same time? if not, you should try. try mixing distortions. just a recomendation...try running your guitar into your flextone, out the effects loop into your laney. then mix and match distortions....its pretty cool...i recomend using the brit classic channel, with very little gain, (almost clean)...then send it out to your laney and use a little on-board gain...its cool....just an idea...it'd be cool to get your pod in the loop too...
Hmm...Interesting idea, I havn't actually thought about it before. Definately something to try in the near future. With the pod aswell, lol that'd be like tone overload or something. So you have a Flextone and VH100 aswell?

As for the guy with the Mesa Boogie - Wow! that really is a fucking steal.

I thought I got my amp at a good price. Quite a funny story acutally about how I got it. I was like 5 secs late for my train to college once, and to pass the time until the next (which was like an hour after, and it was pissing it down) I went into this crappy little guitar shop where the guy who owns it is a bit of a knobhead. But yea..he said he was getting in a Laney head (as I said I was looking for a new amp, though had no intention of buying one off of him, just said it as an excuse for staying in there for an hour lol) I was shocked when he said this my ears pricked up..I thought ooh laney..the amp of my Idols Opeth and Tony Iommi. Then I found out it acutally happened to be the one that Opeth (more specifically - Peter) uses and next I found out it was a mere £400 which to me was a barrrrgaiin and so I basically bought it as soon as he got it in. It shits all over my Flextone lol. - And the flextone is a nice amp.

So morale of the story is..not all shitty things are so shitty at all, next time you miss the train or any crap like that, remember you could end up with the amp you've always wanted. When scary things like that happen, it's great.

Hehe, nice story Rejvk. I would have never bought my Marshall AVT150 (i hate solid state), but I was on a 400$, and I didnt have a job, and just needed something to crank out some noise, yet get me decent tone, since I get all my tone from my Digitech GNX. Well, here it was, the guy thought that it was used, so he told me that he would sell it for 400$, when it was really 800$, and like a week after I had it, the store called, and asked for the serial code, and I fucking made up the last digit, and the guy was relieved, because I guess his Boss was making him search for that fucking new amp he sold for 400$ lol.