Your Guitars

Gibson faded V
Fender Toronado (with non-original country music looking pickguard)

I run those thru an a/b selector (which allows for one or the other or both of) :

Crate 30w (modeling amp) with a 50w Line 6 extension cab and
a 30w Marshall

Effects into the Crate are an equilizer and Boss Sd-1 overdrive (I put the Crate's internal effects on Compression/Echo and vary the amp simulator depending on how much gain/distortion I want)
Effects into the Marshall are the equilizer, an Arion compressor, and an Arion Overdrive.

I also have an effects/switch pedal for the Marshall (clean/dirty and reverb). So, I have many variations of sounds to choose from as far as distortion or clean sounds go. I don't feel like I'm dancing too much either.

I get every sound from clean Blues to really killer metal.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio - all i've added is grover tuners
Epiphone Les Paul Special II - kinda shit
Conn F-18 acoustic - descent for being free

Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 - 130 watts, 2x12

MT-2
Planet Waves - 20'
George L's 10'

Fender mediums or this one pick i found that is quite thick

EDIT: i use Elixers nanowebs on my acoustics (10's) and polywebs on my acoustic (not sure the size, been on a long ass time haha)

LTD V-350
LTD EX-100

Playing through a Hughes and Kettner Warp 7 Half Stack. No effects, the distortion on it is just brutal enough, but the clean sound could be better.

On my Explorer I added some eye bolts for the strap and have a chain strap. Also have emg 81 and 85 in it along with the Zakk Wylde Boomer strings (thick as all hell).

The V just has some slinkys, but I'm gonna change that to the Zakk strings, or something very similar with out the thick E string (I think it's a 63 guage)

Jackson JS30 with Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz in the bridge and neck respectively in standard tuning with 9-42 gauge strings
Jackson KSXT with Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz in the bridge and neck respectively in drop D with 9-42 gauge strings but a 46 on the low E as opposed to the 42 to compensate with the floppiness.

Boss GE-7
Laney TF300 120 watt 1x12 Combo amp
Behringer V-amp 2
Planet Waves leads
The next gear I'll get is a Dunlop Crybaby Wah and a chorus.

I'm happy with my amp as it's loud enough and sounds awesome. If it's not I'll either mic it up with me Shure SM57 or gire a 2x12 or 4x12 cab for gigs.

Rejvk said:
Hmm...Interesting idea, I havn't actually thought about it before. Definately something to try in the near future. With the pod aswell, lol that'd be like tone overload or something. So you have a Flextone and VH100 aswell?

no, i have a marshall jcm 2000 dsl 50...i just like being able to have to amps running at once, both w/ different tone. i can also have effects on my marshall that i don't have on my line 6....for example...w/ my pitch shifter...i can hold a note w/ the line 6, and slowly bend it on the marshall...it creates some really cool effects....just an idea. i suppose throwing the pod in their too might be a bit to much though. and i dont know how your onboard distortion would sound on the laney.

Guitars:
Ibanez S370DX w/ Floyd Rose
Silvertone SS-11 Strat Copy
Fender Stratacoustic(one of the older ones like the late 80's or early 90's)

Amps:
Washburn SX-15
Silvertone Smart 3

Effects:
Ibanez Distortion Charger(also old)
Digitech RP200A Multi-Effect Pedal

i am into building my own guitars i built a prs custom 24 and working on a gibson if ya take your time they come out perfect i also have a yamaha f-310 acoustic a fender squire and a jay turser semi hollow a marshal half stack and a fancy ass boss effects pedal board

kingshit said:
i am into building my own guitars i built a prs custom 24 and working on a gibson if ya take your time they come out perfect i also have a yamaha f-310 acoustic a fender squire and a jay turser semi hollow a marshal half stack and a fancy ass boss effects pedal board

What do you mean, like through the company?? Or you build them yourself from scratch?? I dont think you can really call it a Custom 24 PRS if it wasn't built through the company lol. Anyway, I was going to build my own as well, but it's a lot of work and time, and you're not always guaranteed a nice instrument before investing all the money and work, so I kind of put that off.

hmmm lets see..
Guitars
-ESP EC-1000-its like a les paul, but has locking tuners, and nice duncan pickups
-Ibanez RG-320(i don't think they make them anymore..hah) my first decent guitar..i got it for the floyd rose tremolo. needs better pickups..still deciding which ones to try, any suggestions?

-Effects
i've got lots of stompboxes..heh...
-dunlop wah ,the only wah i've ever liked
-DOD 7band graphic eq
-MXR noise gate, works very well
-Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus...you can dial in a hendrixish leslie tone...
-Ibanez Delay..it kinda sucks..

-Amps
-Marshal AVT100 1x12 combo
-Cheap little Ibanez practice amp..had it since 98, never broke down on me...

I'm gonna upgrade my amp sometime in the near future, but don't know what head i want.
I'm also thinking about getting a seven string too..maybe one of those cheap Schecter Omen-7 guitars...anybody know anything about those?

Hey there, I'm a first time poster but long time reader. I'm a total guitar gear whore, so I figured this is a good thread for me to break my Opeth-forum virginity. Lol! I absolutely live to play guitar and write songs...and am equally obsessed with the technical side of guitars (different amps, guitars, etc.)

My rig as of about a month ago...

Main axe : MIJ Jackson DXMG with EMG85 in bridge and EMG60 in neck
Amp #1 : VHT Pittbull 50/CL 50 watt tube amplifier head.
Amp #2 : Peavey 5150, modified/hot rodded by a tech named Jerry Pinnelli
Cab : VHT Fat Bottom 412, loaded with VHT/Eminence P50E drivers...

stringysbigrig.JPG

aodxmg.JPG

stringy50cl.JPG

stringy5150.JPG

My rig a few weeks ago...

Main axe : Same as above, it's been with me for awhile!
Amp #1 : Rivera KHII 100 watt tube head.
Amp #2 : The same 5150
Cab : The same VHT cabinet.

sellrivera.JPG

My rig currently...sorry no pics!

Main axe : The same Jackson, but with a custom designed Warmoth neck. Ebony fretboard, stainless steel 6230 frets, 10"-16" compound fingerboard radius, maltese cross inlays, standard logo-less Jackson headstock....yummy!
Amp #1 : Mesa/Boogie Mark IV 85 watt tube head.
Cab : VHT cab, I love that damn thing!

SodomizerOfMankind said:
just wonderin what kinda equipment people use.. i have a Fender Squier Strat and a Tacoma Acoustic..newbie I know but i cant afford a gibson yet :(
Main axe is an ESP LTD M-1000 Deluxe... I also own a Jackson PS-6T (Kelly shape) and an older model Godin LG. Plug directly into my 5150II, no fx at all, though wah and delay are on the 'to buy' once I get my soul back from the cash loan people ;)

bc rich warlock nj series with (regrettably) floyd rose tremolo
dimarzio pickups
when i play bass in my band:
ibanez sr885

line 6 flextone II
pedal: rp300
i don't own a bass amp...cept a little crate thing...

Yamaha EG112 *Similar to a Superstrat*
Dean Exotica FM GN acoustic
Everplay acoustic
Hondo acoustic
AND a little 10 watt Yamaha amp!!
and I have a Boss ME50...nifty thing.

Stuff that I would like to get:
A new amp...a bigger one...I really like the Peavey XXX
more guitars...I would love to get a classical guitar, or a flying V guitar with a tremolo..but it has to be a light creamy color, I'd also get a semi-hollow guitar with F-holes...I think those look cool and I'll probably wanna get a B.C Rich Beast or Warlock with EMG 81 pickups *I heard those pickups are good for heavy stuff*...I'll probably have like 20 guitars when I'm 40!...this is a cool thread!

Just got a new Jackson SLSMG w/black flametop. Got 2 seymour duncan pickups coming in very soon also (JB/jazz). Hopefully ill get a laney VC50 when i can raise enough cash again.

I'm a poor bastard.

Guitar: Ibanez SA20 - Great little guitar, sounds so evil using neck pickup.
Amp: Peavey Rage 158 - Does what I need to to, sounds pretty good.
Effects: Zoom 606 - Does everything I would ever need, eeeviilll distortion.

I work at a music store in Toronto, so all day long I'm surrounded by gear-heads and kids alike.. anyway, IMHO, Gibsons aren't that bad, but when you pay $3000 for a guitar, it shouldn't have silly problems like bad nuts or (yes) cracked headstocks.

my gear:
Epiphone G400 sg copy (my 2nd electric)
Ibanez S7420 7-string - nice and thin, too bad I don't practise enough on it
Fender Gemini III acoustic (cheap, but with elixir polyweb strings it sounds GREAT)
and my newest acquisition..
Fender 1974 Stratocaster (all original except pickguard and knobs).. noisy..buzzy..scratched up.. but that oh-so-sweet neck pickup POP is truly incomparable.

all this goes through (on and off, depending)
boss dd3 (japanese)
boss mt2
lame old boss me6 plastic floorboard
morley pro series wah (well, it's on hold for me at work ;)

into a Peavey Classic 30 1x12 combo. Nice all-tube amp - very clean, but it saturates nicely.

all in all, does the trick. Then again, when I jam, it's usually kinda reggae. Metal I play alone (hence the term.. guitar masturbation..) :eek: