Your last purchase??

Not quite to the same standard as the previous guitar, but this is my latest purchase:
rg321mh-1.jpg
(Image taken from google search)

I was rather taken with the natural oiled finish, it just feels so much better to hold onto over clear coated guitars.

Well it has a Mahogany body, so I'm pretty sure a change of pickups would get some pretty good tones out of it.

Not quite to the same standard as the previous guitar, but this is my latest purchase:
rg321mh-1.jpg
(Image taken from google search)

I was rather taken with the natural oiled finish, it just feels so much better to hold onto over clear coated guitars.

Natural/transparent finishes ftw. For me, it just looks so much better than any solid paintob ever will.

And yes, the cheaper ibanez models can be great. The quality control is horrible, but every so often you can great instrument out of them at an even better price. IF you do opt to change the pickups, I reccomend Dimarzio Evolutions. I've got them in my jem (alder body) and have had them in a mohagany-bodied guitar once and they sound great...especially in mohagany.

Very nice guitar, HackerX! I have always loved the look of natural finish (I was almost tempted to leave my RG7420 without paint and stain it, but it would have looked like shit because of the wood.) Cool neck, too. I like the white strip on each side of the neck for some reason. That was a big selling point when I bought my RG 320 DX. I think it makes you faster!:lol:

Yeah, I love the natural mahogany body, that was the seller for me. And as I said, it just feels nice to hold. My intention was always to buy a decent base for a pickup upgrade. My other guitar is also a mahogany bodied Ibanez (SA series), but is HSS, and I'm not much for singles. Most RG's (necks in particular) just don't sit nicely with me but the RG321 suited me, so I had to buy it :D.

Amazing book. :worship:

I have been wanting to read it for a long time now. I'm going to start it tonight!:kickass:

If I like it a lot I'll start out next on The Fall of Hyperion, if not I'm curious as hell to start on the GRRM books. I have been constantly hearing that they are some of the best books ever written. In the fantasy genre, at least.

I have been wanting to read it for a long time now. I'm going to start it tonight!:kickass:

If I like it a lot I'll start out next on The Fall of Hyperion, if not I'm curious as hell to start on the GRRM books. I have been constantly hearing that they are some of the best books ever written. In the fantasy genre, at least.

I need to check out GRRM but the Hyperion series is probably the best science fiction series I've ever read.

Also, if you feel like checking it out Manticora did an unauthorized concept album about the first Hyperion novel that is pretty excellent. :headbang:

Yeah, I was just reading about that a little while ago. It seems they had to omit a lot lyrics because of copyright issues. I'll definitely give it a listen after I'm done with the book.