Your last purchase??

Sig police in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

You know what your sig reminds me of? Perfect Chaos from Sonic Adventure 1. What the hell is your sig anyway? Is it an album cover or something? 'Cause it's ridiculously badass.

Yesterday, I went to the city and bought a Sabian AAXplosion 15" China cymbal, and 2 Iron Cobra bass drum beaters, wood tipped.

Purchased today through Amazon UK, but from 2 U.S American marketplace shops.

Gigantour DVD
7227666.jpg

Various songs taken from Gigantour 2005 with 3 bands that I'm hugely fond of which are Dream Theater, Symphony X and Megadeth. I also don't mind some Fear Factory. Also features a cover of Pantera's Cemetery Gates by Dream Theater as a tribute to Dimebag Darrell (R.I.P) with guest apperances by Sir Russell Allen (godly vocalist of Sym X), Dave Mustaine (lead guitar, Megadeth) & Burton C.Bell (vocals, Fear Factory). I'm really looking forward to seeing/hearing DT's live version of The Glass Prison for the first time. :kickass:

Kopecky - Sunset Gun
Kopecky-SunsetGun.jpg

American experimental & instrumental progressive rock band with metal elements (not necessarily prog metal!). I have their 2nd album Serpentine Kaleidoscope which was released on the U.K based progressive Cyclops label before they changed over to French label Musea records (they may have changed again for the next album....). Serpentine has some top quality songs on, some bore me a little and others blow me away, so I thought it was well worth the investment to check out their follow-up from 2003.

Orphaned Land - Mabool
749.jpg

Israelian band that I saw at ProgPower UK 2006 and also at the pre gig show the night before where they performed an acoustic set! They are likened to Opeth whereby they mix up clean and sometimes death metal vocals although they don't sound nowhere near as brutal. They also add Eastern influences into the mix (as do Kopecky funnily enough). Mabool is generally considered as their best album to date, and judging by their song that was featured on the free ProgPowerUK CD, I can see why. :)

Regency - Awakening
regency_01_awakening.jpg

A French instrumental prog metal band linked to Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Experiment etc. Say no more. :D

Slayer - South of Heaven
1071395.jpg

A thrash metal classic. I went back to this album a few months back and couldn't believe how much I liked it even more than my pre prog metal days. As I only have it on cassette, I thought it deserves to be listened to on CD in future. My second fave Slayer album behind the superb debut album Show No Mercy.

Threshold - Extinct Instinct (remastered version)
554369.jpg

Already have the original pressing. A few extra tracks added for good measure including the 'hidden' tracks that featured on the original that weren't listed on the album sleeve. This album was my very first Threshold CD.

Trivium - The Crusade
18910.jpg

Never did I imagine me picking up a Trivium CD as they are a fairly new metal band!!!! The first ever Trivium song I heard made me want to be sick :lol: because of the vocals, but then I heard a couple more songs and I started to enjoy them and the vocals were much better. Before I knew what the media generally labelled them as being, I could hear the old school influences such as Iron Maiden and 80's thrash (Metallica, Megadeth etc.) in their music. It was a godsend when they were chosen to support Iron Maiden on their recent U.K. tour and even though I didn't focus on the band all through their set, I liked what I heard and knew I would buy their latest album shorthly afterwards.

Just got my fuckin TWILIGHT ZONE box set. The entire series :headbang:

I have been wanting to get that since it came out a few months ago. I saw it at best buy but I walked out of there with about 20 cds, a new keyboard and elder scrolls 4 instead. Maybe next christmas I won't blow all my money and finally buy it. I could take a boat to Brazil though and sell a kidney or something. How much do I really want it...?

Buy it on Ebay... don't go retail. It's like 300 bucks retail... you MIGHT find it for 250 if you're lucky. I only dropped 200 on it, so ebay is the way to go. You can also find it used for MUCH cheaper, but fuck that :lol:

$999.99 + shipping from Japan. I placed one bid on it, and nobody else bid higher. It's the first production Applehorn, Aurora, or as IA calls it, "Disco".
Chipped binding on the headstock, and some rust on the trem. Probably replace the bridge, and see about having the binding fixed. I've always wanted to check out a Caparison, and this is the cheapest I've ever seen one. New Applehorns are like $2300! I have NO idea what this retailed for when it came out.. I'm trying to find out an answer to that question.....
Horus' are SWEET as well.......

J-Dubya

Congratulations John :kickass: that will be my next purchase, i hope, got my hands on a Kramer American stage master custom in mint condition for 400 bucks, nech thru body, original floyd rose with a duncan custom humbucker, original case, color is aged white like my 92 ibanez pgm.

Today, I finally was able to make an order. The Holidays set me back a bit but.....put in an order for eight new CD's today including;

Dragonland - "Astronomy"
Divinefire - "Into A New Dimension"
Beyond Twilight - "For The Love Of Art And The Making"
Adagio - "Dominate"
Raintime - "Tales From Sadness"
Firewind - "Allegiance"
Mercenary - "The Hours That Remain"

And Last But Not Least....SYMPHONY X.......:kickass: ......(on pre-order, can't wait!)