Your last purchase??

I headed into the city today, knowing full well that I shouldn't spend any money and bought these:

newcds-1.jpg

Yesterday bought three more for $7 each in used metal section at local record store....

Fates Warning "Parallels"
Tyr "Eric The Red"
Machine Men "Elegies"

Have only listened to MM so far and liked it alot (well worth my seven dollars). Look forward to hearing the others.

I can't decide! :erk:

I have enough right now to get two CDs, and I'm trying to decide amongst these:

Opeth - Ghost Reveries
Kamelot - Epica
Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor
Gustav Mahler - Resurrection Symphony

I love these bands, and Mahler, but we can't always have our cake and eat it too, hehe. Yes, I'll make my own decision, but what would one of you ladies or gentlemen go with?

I'm listening to Sculptured atm. Having never heard it I didn't know what to expect, only for the cross-pollination so to speak between them and Agalloch.

And I'm loving it!

As for Ulver, it's still a good album to listen to.

I'd say nevermore should be a no brainer. Of the others, i PREFER kamelot over opeth's latest, and i haven't heard Gustav to have an oppinion. So my vote is Kamelot and Nevermore (though if you don't have Karma by kamelot, get that instead. WAY better than epica)

Opeth - Ghost Reveries
Kamelot - Epica

I love these bands, and Mahler, but we can't always have our cake and eat it too, hehe. Yes, I'll make my own decision, but what would one of you ladies or gentlemen go with?
I'd say nevermore should be a no brainer. Of the others, i PREFER kamelot over opeth's latest, and i haven't heard Gustav to have an oppinion. So my vote is Kamelot and Nevermore (though if you don't have Karma by kamelot, get that instead. WAY better than epica)
Hmm, I'd heard Karma was really good as well. Yeah, I'll probably include Nevermore in there. Thanks for the suggestions, Zach!
No problem :)

Also, karma is one of my favorite albums of all time. A lot of people seem to like epica more, btu tom youngblood himself told me that Black Halo and Karma are his two favorite kamelot albums.
Karma is easily one of my favorite albums of all time. I've been pushing my band to cover the Elizabeth Bathory trilogy ever since I first heard the album, but they're all gay, saying "No, Book of the Dead sounds too much like Fall From Grace."

And Zach, I remember you telling me a while back about how you once interviewed Youngblood. And I agree with him on Kamelot's 2 best albums. The Black Halo deinitely comes very close to Karma. I like Epica but I don't enjoy it nearly as much as I do The Black Halo, mostly 'cause it's not nearly as powerul or dark.

And speaking o Kamelot, they're touring AGAIN late this summer!!! God damn, these guys never stop!!

I also just remembered that I still don't have One Cold Winter's Night. Heard 2 tracks off it, brilliant.

I think it's better than black halo personally. Karma is one of my all time favorite albums and is easily (for me) the best thing they ever have and more than likely ever WILL release. Not to say their other stuff isn't without merit. Black halo rules, Siege Perilous rules, epica has some great songs, but Karma... oh man.

And fourth legacy sucks IMO.

Opeth - Ghost Reveries
Kamelot - Epica

Opeth and Nevermore. The new Opeth is great.

I think it's better than black halo personally. Karma is one of my all time favorite albums and is easily (for me) the best thing they ever have and more than likely ever WILL release. Not to say their other stuff isn't without merit. Black halo rules, Siege Perilous rules, epica has some great songs, but Karma... oh man.

And fourth legacy sucks IMO.
The Fourth Legacy only has 3 good songs, and that's The Fourth Legacy, Nights of Arabia and Shadow of Uther. That may be all that that album has, but those songs are pretty damn win.

oh man that rules :headbang: - actually it made me start looking up the cost of getting some vinyl..not too bad considering the fact that it would last pretty much forever..
Yeah, i've been collecting some more vinyl lately. My collection is far from huge (about 6 records ATM) but i've been putting a good portion of my money towards vinyl, and allocating even more future paychecks for this very purpose.

today i bought:

The Princess Bride - only $5!!!! what a good deal is that! my kid was all like 'oh man im gonna hate that movie!' but i sat his ass down in front of it and told him just watch and i promised he would love it.. and sure enough he did :lol:

also i bought Eurotrip for $15, and Doom and Dog Soldiers for $12 each!