2007 AFL Thread

D

Dän

I reckon this is the first thread I've made down here :headbang:

I'm not sure how many AFL fans we have here, but there was a thread last year so I figured I'd make one for this year.

The only thing that is certain so far is that Carlton will not win the Premiership given that they won the NAB cup; winning that cup is a curse!

Also, some crazy things seem to be happening at West Coast with Cousins being indefinately suspended and his long time girl leaving him; there is no doubt a culture of drugs at that club that they are trying the get rid of with Gardener being sent off and now Cousins, whom I doubt we will see much more of unless he cleans up his act.

Yer, so pretty much talk anything about footy in here.

Welcome to MD thread making, Dan. :)

Haha fuck, Carlton won the NAB cup? I'm a bit out of touch. Carlton are indeed shithouse though. Fevola is clearly their best player.

Footy starts this coming weekend, doesn't it? Cousins is a fucking goon. It's a weird place for footy, Perth. A mate told me yesterday that players like Cousins are called Cubs, or "Cashed Up Bogans".

Lots of free time and $$$

Who would have ever thought they might gamble, root and take drugs!?! o_O :lol:

Welcome to MD thread making, Dan. :)

Haha fuck, Carlton won the NAB cup? I'm a bit out of touch. Carlton are indeed shithouse though. Fevola is clearly their best player.

Footy starts this coming weekend, doesn't it? Cousins is a fucking goon. It's a weird place for footy, Perth. A mate told me yesterday that players like Cousins are called Cubs, or "Cashed Up Bogans".

Why thank you kind sir.

Kouta is our for like 10 weeks after he smashed up his finger, big set back for carlton.

This drug issue is massivly wide spread; over the next few weeks a huge can of worms is going to open up me thinks; 8 of Wes coats top players are involved with drugs and underground figures; Fletcher nearly died last year from drugs and or alcohol and was in hospital for 4 days.

Dän;6010355 said:
This drug issue is massivly wide spread; over the next few weeks a huge can of worms is going to open up me thinks; 8 of Wes coats top players are involved with drugs and underground figures; Fletcher nearly died last year from drugs and or alcohol and was in hospital for 4 days.
Should be entertaining:)

First let me say this - all West Coast players are completely innocent of drugs charges.

Ben and the boys would never knowingly have taken ice, or hung around with underworld figures like John Kizon.

They were clearly misled. Ben is just going on a holiday, that's all.

:rolleyes:

Friggin' pissed of about the coverage of the Swans game.... we had to head out just as they started their big comeback against the Eagles so I figured I'd listen in the car. Turn the radio on just to be told "and the Swans lose by one point"

I didn't know the "live" telecast was actually delayed by about half an hour

Grants out for 10 weeks, big blow for the Bulldogs, good news for crows though in that we are playing them this week :)

Dän;6031350 said:
Grants out for 10 weeks, big blow for the Bulldogs, good news for crows though in that we are playing them this week :)
:lol: Thankfully I slept through last Sunday's match!

That's a bugger re Chris Grant. He's a champ.

The mighty Sainters won! Dad tells me they did very well.

I can't believe Matt Maguire is already back in action after his broken leg.

^hehe, would've been a miserable wait in traffic to get home from West Lakes had you gone..

^ Yeh thats the shit part about going to the footy here, no good Public transport that goes to the game and you're looking at about 1 hr drive to get home and I only like about 5 min from city

As they should if they're gonna be any good this year. :) The mighty Sainters had a good win as well, over the Western Footscray Doggies.