2009 METAL - OFFICIAL THREAD

The new Heaven and Hell song is good. I hope the rest of the album is at least the same quality.

New Heaven and Hell track is fucking killer!

Since the late 60s, they are still being fucking awesome.

Dio is an old man still being more metal then most people could even wish to be.

New Pestilence is excellent, and I've heard good things about new Queensryche. It's obviously not going to be the same quality as anything from RfO to PL, but it's supposed to be quite good.

How is the new Pestilence excellent? It's TERRIBLY generic, bland and uninspired. Someone needs to fuck Mamelli in the ass and let him know that a chorus in death metal doesn't have to be fucking stupid and dumbed down to repeating the title of the song 5 times in a row and going to the next contrived verse, ad nauseam. Plus the production is hideous.

^^that annoyed me so much, its nearly every song aswell

on the other hand Wildoer is a machine, excellent drummer

Yeah, Wildoer is practically the best part of the album, which is sad. Hate Suicide is amazing (compared to the rest of the album) because of him.

He stands out most definitely. The vocal lines are so bland and uninventive though, which helped make the album poor.

On first listen I liked the new Pestilence. On subsequent listens I realized it was ridiculously repetitive. It's good for when I have my Zune on shuffle and randomly hit a track.

Stratovarius - Polaris - May 21st, 2009

229995.jpg

Track Listing:

1.Deep Unknown
2.Falling Star
3.King of Nothing
4.Blind
5.Winter Skies
6.Forever Is Today
7.Higher We Go
8.Somehow Precious
9.Emancipation Suite I: Dusk
10.Emancipation Suite II: Dawn
11.When Mountains Fall

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not gonna expect much out of this because there last album was horrid, but I do expect it to be alot better.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Alestorm - Black Sails At Midnight - May 27th, 2009

230469.jpg

Track Listing:

1.The Quest
2.Leviathan
3.That Famous Ol' Spiced
4.Keelhauled
5.To the End of Our Days
6.Black Sails at Midnight
7.No Quarter
8.Pirate Song
9.Chronicles of Vengeance
10.Wolves of the Sea​

Amoral - Show Your Colors - May 6th, 2009

228361.jpg

Track Listing:

1.Random Words
2.Release
3.A Shade of Gray
4.Year of the Suckerpunch
5.Perfection Design
6.Sex N' Satan
7.Song for the Stubborn
8.Vivid
9.Gave Up Easy
10.Last October
11.Exit​

Amoral - Show Your Colors - May 6th, 2009

228361.jpg

Track Listing:

1.Random Words
2.Release
3.A Shade of Gray
4.Year of the Suckerpunch
5.Perfection Design
6.Sex N' Satan
7.Song for the Stubborn
8.Vivid
9.Gave Up Easy
10.Last October
11.Exit​

i wont buy it merely for the reason that they spelt colours the american way. Yes i am that gay

He's not like amazing or anything but I think most Finns just have a grudge against him because it would be like if Kelly Clarkson randomly became the singer for some American metal band.

ross, if it convinces you in the other direction, I always spell gray "grey" because I hate "gray" :p