2009 METAL - OFFICIAL THREAD

If you're a fucking gay, maybe

It might not be very relevant today, but fucking almost 20 years ago, yes, it was win.

Ive followed Amorphis since Karelian Isthmus, and for the most part they have been a pretty damn good band. I didnt like Far From the Sun at all, but everything else has been good, even when they did their "dramatic" change with Elegy.

I enjoy The Karelian Isthmus and Tales From the Thousand Lakes just as much as Eclispe, Silent Waters and Skyforger; but they're all fundamentally different records, and the approach to songwriting and the styles are very different. I like most of Amorphis's discography, with the exception of the later Pasi albums; those just sound like strange mainstream alternative albums.
Indeed, both Far From The Sun and Am Universum (except for the first song off of AU which is awesome) are directionless imo.

Karelian Isthmus is fucking win.
I don't see whats so great about it.

Really hasn't been a great year for me but I don't have anything new since June/July-ish, so I'll be patient.

Really wanting the new Ruins of Beverast, new Urna, and new Grave Miasma, among others, and my current highlights are definitely Blut Aus Nord, Mono, and Teitanblood. No new DsO or w/e this year so for it to be really good there needs to be some surprises, sorta like how Dead Congregation's 2008 debut was fucking amazing while Esoteric's 2008 album was bar none their best

Can't wait for the Blacklodge/Abigor split album to be released.

Swallow the Sun - New Moon
Finland 4.11.
UK 9.11.
US 10.11.

newmoon.jpg

1. These Woods Breathe Evil
2. Falling World
3. Sleepless Swans
4. ...and Heavens Cried Blood
5. Lights on the Lake (Horror pt. III)
6. New Moon
7. Servant of Sorrow
8. Weight of the Dead

http://www.swallowthesun.net/newmoon/

I don't get the whole STS=gothfag thing. I realize there not the best death/doom band ever, but they make decent melodic death/doom that happens to have a sorta romantic vibe...

I felt I should submit a post here, to see if anyone notices that it has no substantial content.