2009 METAL - OFFICIAL THREAD

It's a compilation of all of their rare(r) tracks, mostly from splits. And yes, they've been broken up for a while.

Hey guys, I'm fairly new here, I wanted to ask if someone has a link to a list of the albums released in 2009? I searched like everywhere, but I couldn't find any list. Thanks if you can help out.

Really looking forward to the new Cannibal Corpse album, imo.

Source: Blabbermouth

Guitarist/vocalist Peter Tägtgren of Swedish extreme metallers HYPOCRISY has issued the following update:

"Mikael [Hedlund; bass] came to the Abyss [Peter's recording studio] the other day and between me and him we have 13 songs done [for the next HYPOCRISY album], and Horgh [drums; also in IMMORTAL] will come to studio beginning of January and crack the drums on it."

Krieg update:

This is a re-​post for our long-​time allie​s KRIEG​.​ Here'​s an updat​e on the bands​ curre​nt activ​ities​.​.​.​.​

Expec​t a Nacht​mysti​um / Krieg​ mini-​tour this comin​g year.​.​.​.​

KRIEG​ UPDAT​E 12/​08:​
Hatew​ar prod will be relea​sing in early​ 2009 Krieg​'​s first​ offic​ial DVD. It will be live perfo​rmanc​es from 2001-​2008 with foota​ge from the SOTNC​ fest,​ vario​us US shows​,​ Krieg​'​s Belgi​um 2005 show and one of the two retur​n gigs from this past Octob​er.​

Caina​/​Krieg​ test press​es just got to me and the vinyl​ will be relea​sed via Grief​ Found​ation​ in Janua​ry.​

Lust/​Krieg​ tbr in 2009.​

A split​ has been annou​nced with Serbi​a'​s The Stone​ and will be recor​ded short​ly.​

Shirt​s are in stock​,​ but we won'​t have them for sale until​ the secon​d week or Janua​ry due to an excur​sion to BKR'​s compo​und for New Years​.​

"The Isola​tioni​st"​ is curre​ntly being​ writt​en.​

We'​ll be playi​ng some shows​ early​ 09. More detai​ls soon.​

South​ern Lord still​ has some rare krieg​ shit throu​gh their​ mailo​rder.​

http:​/​/​www.​ myspa​ce.​ com/​there​dcath​edral​

a new proje​ct with membe​rs of caina​,​ krieg​ etc, recor​dings​ will be done in 2009.​

Universal Records will release a triple-CD from New Wave of British Heavy Metal legends DIAMOND HEAD in March. It will contain remastered versions of "Borrowed Time" (1982), "Canterbury" (1983) and "Live at the Reading Festival". The release will also include some bonus material, some of which has previously been unavailable. This is also the first release of "Borrowed Time" and "Canterbury" on CD in the U.K. The "Reading" set was previously released on Raw Fruit in 1992, but has long since been deleted and is a much sought-after item by DIAMOND HEAD fans.

My Dying Bride news on the upcoming album.

For Lies I Sire is the title of the forthcoming opus of My Dying Bride, their tenth studio album. No official release date has yet been given, but we have been given a glimpse of what is to come in the album title and the track list, which reads as follows:

1. Fall With Me
2. My Body, A Funeral
3. The Lies I Sire
4. Bring Me Victory
5. Echoes From A Hollow Soul
6. ShadowHaunt
7. Santuario Di Sangue
8. A Chapter in Loathing
9. Death Triumphant

More as we get it!

05.01 Vreid - Milorg
07.01 Iron Fire - To The Grave