2009 METAL - OFFICIAL THREAD

Russian black metal band Walknut mentioned in an interview that they're planning to record a new album, which is tentatively titled The Knot of the Dead, and that it will most likely see the light of day in 2009. "Don't expect any style changes," is how they described it, which is perfectly fine by me.

Yes. This pleases me.

News from Samael!

Samael Myspace said:
After​ compl​eting​ the work on the Above​ mater​ial,​ S A M A E L decid​ed that "​Above​"​ will no longe​r be a proje​ct but the title​ of their​ new album​.​ Recen​tly asked​ about​ the album​,​ this is what Vorph​ had to say:

"​After​ 20 years​ we'​ve tried​ to do an album​ that would​ repre​sent what S A M A E L is all about​ and we did "​Solar​ Soul"​.​ We feel now it is the right​ time to remem​ber the peopl​e where​ we come from and that'​s exact​ly what "​Above​"​ will do. It is like an enhan​ced versi​on of our three​ or four first​ album​s,​ maybe​ the missi​ng link betwe​en "​Cermo​ny Of Oppos​ites"​ and "​Passa​ge"​.​ With the "Era One" proje​ct we'​ve tried​ to work on diffe​rent influ​ences​,​ with "​Above​"​ we strip​ed every​thing​ down.​ It is a metal​ album​ throu​gh and throu​gh.​"

The album​ relea​se is set for winte​r 2009.

I'm incredibly psyched for this. Solar Soul wasn't worth buying, but any return to past glory is welcome.

If it will sound anything like what Vorph claims, it won't be much different from the Rebellion EP, which is the link between Ceremony... and Passage.

I remember listening to Walknut's album when it came out. I enjoyed it then but lost a lot of interest with repeated listens.

Folder.jpg

Tracklist:

1.Strongarm
2.Diktat
3.Work to Rule
4.On the Brink of Extinction
5.Time Waits for No Slave
6.Life and Limb
7.Downbeat Clique
8.Fallacy Dominion
9.Passive Tense
10.Larceny of the Heart
11.Procrastination on the Empty Vessel
12.Feeling Redundant
13.A No-Sided Argument
14.De-Evolution Ad Nauseum

this leaked, btw.

2009 looks like its going to be an amazing year new stuff from

Revelation
Zemial
Agatus
belenos
destroyer 666
archgoat
graveland
temnozor
the river
fanisk
drudkh
Necros Christos

Im sure im missing more but im looking forward to releases by these bands.

Resurrected late '80s/early '90s death metal outfit PESTILENCE entered Hansen Studios in Ribe, Denmark last month to begin recording its new album, "Resurrection Macabre", for a March 16, 2009 release via Holland's Mascot Records. The band recorded a total of 14 songs during the session — 11 new tracks and three classic PESTILENCE cuts (as chosen by the fans) to be included on the limited-edition first pressing: "Out Of The Body", "Chemo Therapy" and "Lost Souls". Joining guitarist/vocalist Patrick Mameli in PESTILENCE's current recording lineup are Tony Choy (ATHEIST, CYNIC) on bass and Peter Wildoer (DARKANE, NON-HUMAN LEVEL) on drums. Patrick has previously described the band's new material as a modern fusion of "Testimony of the Ancients" (1991) and "Spheres" (1993), but even more technical and brutal. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Hangman (Into The Mind Of An Executioner)", "Synthetic Grotesque (Trying To Create Through Cloning)", "Fiend (Drugaddiction)", "Resurrection Macabre (The Return Of The Pestilence)" and "Hate Suicide (Last Hours Of A Suicide-Bomber)".

Iron Fire - To The Grave - January 9th, 2009

216064.jpg

Track Listing:
1.The Beast From The Blackness
2.Kill For Metal
3.The Demon Master
4.Cover The Sun
5.To The Grave
6.March Of The Immortals
7.The Kingdom
8.Frozen In Time
9.Hail To Odin
10.Doom Riders
11.Ghost Of Vengeance
12.The Battlefield​

this one has leaked too apparently.

Legendary Swedish doom metallers CANDLEMASS have completed work on their new album for an early 2009 release. Commented bassist/songwriter Leif Edling:

“We’ve worked on [the CD] all autumn and it feels really good that it is completed. The sound is superfat, heavy as hell, and very organic/dynamic at the same time. Our friend Chris [Laney; RANDY PIPER, ZAN CLAN] has done a great job mixing it!!

I personally think this album is the best one of the three we have released in the new millennium, easy!! It is bigger, better, louder and a bit more mature, I must say!! It is our ‘Heaven And Hell’, hehe. And if you guys behave and eat your vegetables, we just might be able to add a couple of sound bits on the C-MASS site.

Maybe the wait for the release in May next year will be easier. Check the MySpace ometime before X-mas. The only thing that pisses me off is the fact that we can’t call it ‘Hammer Of Doom,’ after one of the songs on it. A brand new stupid festival in Germany calls themselves that! Who spilled the beans??? Well, well… the album absolutely KILLS and we will surely come up with a suitable name for it.”

I'm incredibly psyched for this. Solar Soul wasn't worth buying, but any return to past glory is welcome.

If it will sound anything like what Vorph claims, it won't be much different from the Rebellion EP, which is the link between Ceremony... and Passage.

This sounds awesome indeed.

Source: Nuclear Blast

Legendary Swedish doom metallers CANDLEMASS have completed work on their new album for an early 2009 release. Commented bassist/songwriter Leif Edling: "We've worked on [the CD] all autumn and it feels really good that it is completed. The sound is superfat, heavy as hell, and very organic/dynamic at the same time. Our friend Chris [Laney; RANDY PIPER, ZAN CLAN] has done a great job mixing it!! I personally think this album is the best one of the three we have released in the new millennium, easy!! It is bigger, better, louder and a bit more mature, I must say!! It is our 'Heaven And Hell', hehe. And if you guys behave and eat your vegetables, we just might be able to add a couple of sound bits on the C-MASS site. Maybe the wait for the release in May next year will be easier. Check THIS page sometime before X-mas. The only thing that pisses me off is the fact that we can't call it 'Hammer Of Doom,' after one of the songs on it. A brand new stupid festival in Germany calls themselves that! Who spilled the beans??? Well, well… the album absolutely KILLS and we will surely come up with a suitable name for it."